Joe's Bar

Hey guys, so I realized how much positive attention this book really got. Truth be told, I didn't write it at all how I liked. I'm really critical of myself when I write, and reading this thing that I actually wrote a year ago, it honestly made me cringe! But I really liked the idea of the book, and seeing as it was getting voted for, and it was being read, I decided I would write it-- but all over again. Don't you worry though you still have all your favorite characters, and your steamy guys ;) ;) wink wink still here, just totally reconstructed! I hope you enjoy !!! VOTE COMMENT READ IT MAKES ME WANNA UPDATE MOREEEE

I was never really a night person; it was like a sudden magic spell was cast over the little part of my world, so that all the strange things happened right when the darkness hit the pavements like a vast shadow. So maybe that could explain why I stood so hesitantly, at 11 o'clock at night, looking up through mascara filled ember eyes-- at the doorway of a buzzing blue sign that read Joe's Bar. It was a simple name, but the towering 2 story bar, seemed anything but just a simple bar.

"Claire! Are you just going to stand there looking at a dumb sign, or are you going to actually enter the freaking thing?"
Maybe this could explain furthermore why I was standing at the doorway of a bar, I had no intention of going in. Jane. Jane was my best friend, and we were as opposite as they came. I was always the shy new kid. My mom moved jobs a lot, what seemed like countless times in a span of 3 years, and that was any shy kids nightmare. So when we finally settled in, in a new house, it also meant I had to settle in, but in a new school. Which usually, for me meant, sitting alone on a table, all of recess, break and lunch. That's when Jane came along in 4th grade. She had told a little me, that had big glasses and crooked teeth at the time, that I could be her friend -- if we put worms in Melissa Ryder's lunchbox. It seemed like mission impossible at the time. But Jane isn't she in 5th grade?
Well duh! She wouldn't let me play on the swings! It's not fair, my daddy told me we live in a decromacy--- or wait demorakcy, oh whatever! Come on Claire! Pleaaaaase for me?
Even then I couldn't resist the big blue eyes, and long blonde hair.
"Jane, you've dragged me into a lot of illegal things this past year, but this-- this is so pushing the line!" I softly yelled "We both know these I.D's don't even look like the real thing, let's just go, before someone finds out we're doing something we shouldn't be doing"
Jane groaned crossing her arms, her blue eyes piercing into mine
"You can't just come this far and turn back now! Claire Holt I have never seen you more sexy in my life! I did not spend 3 hours curling your hair, doing your makeup, and getting you in that tight cocktail dress, which looks amazing by the way, just so you could turn around, at the damn entrance!"
It wasn't a lie, somehow Jane had turned my ember eyes into a fiery green, my petite body, into something curvy, and my wavy brunnette hair into big curls. My body transformed from the 17 year old girl into the 21 year old women in a matter of 3 hours.
I looked up at Jane, seeing a smirk appear at the corners of her mouth.
"Come on Claire! Pleeeeeeease"
No one could resist Jane when she pleaded.
"Oh fine, let's go get you drunk"
Jane squealed in excitement, her short blonde hair bobbing, and grabbed my hand to go inside. This was going to be a night for the books, and I had no idea whether that was a good thing. Jane had a way of turning the night into something memorable.