6

"Okaaaaaay, jackasses. Jack, Mac, you two are coming with me, so get your shit together. Riley, Bozer, stay here and Riley, do what you do best. Am I clear?" Hayden said, walking into the room while twirling a hunting knife in her left hand.

Jack huffed as he crossed his arms, making her glare at him. "Got a problem, a-hole?" Hayden asked. Jack shook his head no, and she smiled. "Good. 'Gyver. Get your paper clips or whatever you need, cause we are going," and with that, she left the room and walked down the halls.

When she left, I stared at my teammates. "We are so dead by the end of today, aren't we?" I said.

Jack nodded. "She has the temper of my mom, god bless her soul," he said, rolling his eyes. I chuckled and walked out, stuffing a gun in my back pocket.

...

"This ain't so bad," said Jack through his comms. I groaned.

We were at the mall, Jack insisting he go one way and Hayden and I go the other. "Yeah. But you're not the one looking through a crowd of six hundred people," I said back to him. He chuckled on the end of the line.

"I told you I needed a pretzel break," Jack said. I couldn't help but notice a small smile appearing on Hayden's face, and she seemed to be softening up a bit.

"If ya don't mind, get me a cinnamon sugar one if it's okay," Hayden said, smirking.

I heard Jack laugh a bit on his end of the line. "Roger that, cap'n."

Jack's line turned off after that, leaving just Hayden and me alone. After an awkward silence, Hayden looked at me, so I looked back at her.

"Sup," she said, nodding her head.

"Sup," I replied.

"How's life?" she asked.

"Livin' the dream," I said, grinning ever so slightly. She then grinned and chuckled, looking away.

"Come on," Hayden said, walking off. So I followed.

....

"Im sure we'll find him," I said.

I kind of wasn't sure. Hayden was just getting pissed at not even finding a single clue.

"Shut it," she mumbled, looking around as the escelator we were on ascended.

I looked around casually. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, nothing out of the ordinary until Hayden quickly took hold of my hand tightly. Startled, I looked down at our locked hands and then at her, raising my eyebrow.

"Kiss me," she said.

Okay. Did I hear her right? "Umm..."

"Just do it. Public displays of affection make people uncomfortable," she said, her eyes darting to the side.

I looked around and saw what she meant. On the escalator besides us, going down, stood a man dressed all in black, and he seemed to be death glaring her out of the corner of his eye. "You know him?" I mouthed. She nodded slightly.

That's when it happened. All of a sudden, she grabbed me by the collar and kissed me. I was pretty surprised at first, and she wrapped her arms around my neck, still kissing me, so I put my arms around her waist.

Shortly after, she pulled away, looking over my shoulder. Nodding, she looked back at me. "Ok, he's gone," she said. She then eyed me up and down like she just noticed I was there. Fixing my collar, she patted my shoulder. "You look good," she said before turning away.

I still stood there startled of what just happened.

She kissed me. She kissed me and it felt good. Damn.