IX

Edit 1: 14/02/2021
Edit 2: 28/02/2023

20th December 2020, 08:25
"But now you love me, don't you?" Sage asked, puffing his chest out.
"I guess, no homo though," Aaric answered with a shrug and a smirk.
"Nothing wrong with being a 'homo'," Carlisle argued.

"Did I say something was wrong with being a homo? No, no I didn't so shush your mush," Aaric returned sassily sassily placing a finger over Carlisle's lips. Honestly, these boys.

"What about you Xandra? You love me, right?" Sage 'innocently' queried. Too obvious it hurts.
"I guess you're alright," I answered half heartedly. It wasn't a lie though, he is alright, just alright though.

"Oh! Shot down!" Aaric shouted with mirth while Sage pouted.

"Alright? Only alright?" Sage disputed, attempting to get something more out of me.
"Yes. What more do you want?" I muttered, getting tired of him trying to get some sort of confession out me, even though I clearly have no intentions of doing so.

"Maybe a, 'I like you Sage!'" He suggested with a lopsided grin and a wink.

"Over my dead body," I shot back, glaring at him.

"Wow, I'm hurt!" Sage whined, clutching his chest to feign being in pain.

"That was the idea," I sassily replied, quirky the left side of my mouth up in a subtle smirk to myself.

"Rude. Anyway, what are you doing for Christmas?" Sage queried, swiftly moving the subject on.

"Nothing," I bluntly replied. That shut the boys up as they all turned to stare at me with wide eyes.

"Nothing?" Nico asked, wanting confirmation.
"Nothing?" Carlisle added.
"Nothing?" Aaric joined in for the comedic effect. Why can't they get it through their thick skulls that I'm not doing anything? At least-
"Nothing?!" Sage exclaimed. Thought too soon.

"Yes, nothing. Is something wrong with that?" I responded harshly, hoping they'd drop the subject, but they didn't catch the hint in my voice, or at least Aaric didn't.

"Nothing! But it's Christmas! The best holiday of the year! Everyone looks forward to it! We get no uni, we get gifts, we get to eat all we want, we spend time with our families! How can you-" Aaric ranted, listing off all the fun festivities he did.

"I don't celebrate Christmas," I cut Aaric off curtly, sipping the last drops of coffee that was left in my cup. "Maybe to you it's a special time, but to many others it's any regular day," I pointed out, reminding him of other religions that don't celebrate Christmas.

"Now if you don't mind. I need to go," I said with gritted teeth. I don't care if Aaric was just stating all the activities he does for Christmas, but he had no right to question my plans... I think he had no right.

"Don't follow me. Stay with your friends," I shot at Sage who was about to stand up. Sage and his friends looked at me with wide eyes as I stood up and started to walk away.

"Way to go Aaric!" Nico whisper yelled at him. I placed my cup on the counter and gave Rosemary a sarcastic smile because that's all I could muster up at the moment.

When I got to the coffee shop door, I turned back briefly.

"I'm not on my period by the way. I'm just moody," I remarked, thinking back to when I was last grouchy and Sage nearly questioned whether I was on my period or not.

Swiftly, I turned around and sauntered out of the coffee shop into the busy streets of London, people dashing around doing their last minute Christmas shopping in a panic.