Chapter 29 (Real)

HER POV...

My life's getting frustrating by the minute. It was annoying that I had another game next week and it was important! The college we were up against were known for their great badminton team. I've got so much to do already when this comes up. "Romma, you coming for practice?" Flora asked as she passed by me. I nodded. "Yep, be right there. You guys start. I wanna change first." I told her as I went to the girl's locker room to change into my practice clothes.

Thankfully, there weren't any boys at this time in the gym because it was late. The bell for home time had already rang half an hour ago. Changing, I walked into the gym almost immediately joining the game.

No matter how hard I tried to concentrate, I had one thing on my mind. What was Maria doing? Was she hitting up on Waqqar or something? I knew for a fact she wouldn't give up without a fight and neither was I. "Romma!! Watch out!" Juana shouted my way, shaking me out of my thoughts. The shuttle was coming my way and my hands automatically hit it, sending it flying to the other team. We rapped up practice as my teammates saw that I wasn't concentrating. "It's okay. We've got a whole week ahead of us." Flora said, sending me a gentle smile. I tried to return it with the same gentleness but apparently, Flora had a god gifted smile.

"Thanks." I told the girls as they all waved it off together. "No problem. You're our captain. We can't possibly have practice without you." Grace said. I wanted to hug them all. We walked out of the gym and I rushed towards the girl's locker room to get my clothes. Changing back, I prayed Waqqar was still here. That way, Maria couldn't get her filthy hands on him.

Running to my locker, I saw Waqqar standing there. My heart felt at ease as soon as I saw him. He had a piece of paper in his hand, which he was reading carefully. I cleared my throat to grab his attention. He looked up at me and I gave him a smile, waving my hand a bit. "Salaam, Waqqar."

He returned the smile. "Oh wasalaam. Didn't see you there. Didn't you leave for home yet??" He asked me. I shook my head. "I had practice for my upcoming game but we finished off early. What about you?" I questioned, leaning in to get proper view of the paper. "I had an extra class with Mr. Isaac. Apparently, he didn't show up as planned." He told me. "What's that?" I pointed at the paper. Waqqar held up the paper to show me clearly. "It's another of those. I was planning to show it you tomorrow but luckily, you're still here." He said with a smile.

But for me, that letter was one of worst things in my life right now. "Oh." I didn't even wanna read it. It'll anger me more and remind me that Maria was making her move. "Did you find any clue about Prim_Rosa?" Waqqar suddenly asked me, shaking me out of my thoughts. Seriously, I was spacing out too much nowadays. My heart started beating fast. Yes, I found out who she was but I couldn't tell him that, could I? Yes, I would be lying to him but as much as I didn't want to lie, I didn't want him to start liking her.

"S-sorry. No luck." Well done, Romma! You just HAD to stammer. Now he'd be suspicious of you!

Waqqar waved it off. "No problem at all. I should  be going now. Salaams." Waqqar said as he turned around to exit the building. As he started walking, I waved at him. "Wasalaam! See you tomorrow, Wainee!" I shouted with a bright smile on my face like old times. He looked back at me, frowning for a second at the nickname but then smiled. "See you tomorrow!" He replied, walking off. I sighed dreamily. What a nice guy!!

THE GAME...

To say that I was feeling confident would be a lie. I was nervous as hell!! All lights were on us as we stepped out into the battlefield. I saw one of the girls of the other team glare at me. I swear, I was gonna fall there and then. That girl was huge. I'm sure the shuttle would surely break if she hits it. The girls looked less females and more males. Some of them even punching their hands to show us who the winners were.