Chapter 17

By the time I find myself in the West Hall it's almost half past midnight. I pause to listen for footsteps, and after I decided I hear none, I sit on a moonlight covered bench. A loud clang echoes down the hall causing me to jump. "Albany." Somebody who vaguely sounds like Tom whispers. I look around cautiously.

Suddenly an intensely cold body sits beside me on the bench. Coldness radiates from there body and the hair on my neck stands up. "H-hello?" I ask, turning to look at the person. A woman with long, red hair and pale blue skin sits. Her jaw slack and mouth hanging open slightly. The girls eyes are bloody, gaping holes. "Ima!" I gasp.

A quietly wailing nose starts grins her mouth, and soon takes up my whole brain and mind. My eyes start to close and pain rips through my body, so bad I will it to end me. End my life. End everything. "Albany! No! Fight against her, she's a evil person." Tom screams. Life comes back to me and I gasp and sputter.

I'm laying on the cold marble floor, my eyes sting and the bloody figure of Ima leans over me. "Y-you hert m-me." She whimpers as bloody tears stream down her face. "N-no." I whisper back, scurrying backwards across the marble floor. I back myself up to the wall. She crawls forward, hissing quietly.

"She is possessed! Don't give in too her!" I hear Tom yell, then an intense growling and a hiss of pain. Ima's cold hand grabs my wrist and brings it closer to her sharp teeth. "No!" I scream and writhe as those sharp teeth break the skin of my wrist. I can feel the blood draining from my body. "N-no!" I say, slightly quieter. My eye lids starts to feel heavy and breath comes short.

"A-Albany..." Tom murmurs just loud enough for my dying body to hear. My eyes fly open as Ima pulls back slightly to rescue the blood dripping down her chin. With all the might I can muster, I pull my hand quickly back to my side. Knocking Ima on her face. I quickly wrap my arm in one of my socks and jump up. Ima scurried after me as I walk towards Tom, laying motionless and bloody on the ground.

I bend down to attempt to check his pulse. I feel a light heartbeat, suddenly something jumps on my back and rips my hair from my skull. I scream in agony and kick backwards, throwing my attacker against the stone wall. Suddenly five people surround me, helping me stand up. I glance up too find Professor Middlewiddle glancing down at me with pity.

Somebody from the Medical Ward crouches down and bandages my bite, and another crouches down beside Tom. Dad and another teacher run over and push Ima into the ground. "Stay calm!" Professor Middlewiddle screeches, smoothing my hair. "Delia. It's you who is not being calm." Dad calls out from over by the growling Ima.

"Ah! Professor Död!" Somebody exclaims. A dark shadow comes over me. "Are you all right?" He asks quietly. His face forms a frown. "Shame." He says, looking over at Ima. "Good enough. Take them all to the medical ward." He says, then with a swish of his cape he takes off down the corridor. Soon enough, a nurse has loaded Tom onto a stretcher then rushing off down the hall.

The nurse who first came to me pulls a long, thin needle from her pocket and hastily pokes my neck with it. "Sleep." She says before the whole world goes blank.

<><><>

"Oh my god! Albany!" Somebody says urgently as my eyes flicker open. I look over to the two bodies sitting in the chairs beside my bed. The curtains sway as multiple people come in. Rebby and Luce sit with a small smile on their faces, looking over joyed. "How are you feeling, dear?" The nurse who has watched over me every time I get hurt asks from my other side.

"I feel..." I was about to say fine but then my stomach lurches in terrible pain and I throw up in the garbage sitting beside the nurse. "Ah, inside affect of the poison, I presume." She says quietly as she makes me take a huge drink of some purple liquid from a flask. "I think you have earned a explanation, Rebecca? Lucy? Do you want to do the honours?" Dad says, coming closer to be.

He rests a gentle kiss on my forehead then steps back as Luce and Rebby sputter. "Oh fine, I'll do it." Dad says with a sigh as he kicks Luce out of her chair. "Well, the school knew Ima had been bitten. About four weeks ago, over a weekend she was out walking on the grounds. A vampire, of course, attacked and bit her. So, suddenly Ima was a vampire." He pauses.

"Then, two weeks later, she was bitten by a Werewolf, with the intention of being the first ever Vampire Werewolf cross. This did not end well. She became seriously sick, about the same time you moved into your new dorm with Lucy and Rebecca. Those Dog attacks, where not Ima. But instead a demon who took over Ima's already messed up body.

"We where unaware of this. Now, having to many souls in one body is harmful, therefor causing Ima to rip out her own eyes and to starve herself. Now, if you recall, Ima had a human soul, a Vampire soul, and Werewolf soul, and finally, a fragment of a Demons soul. Meaning, she barely has control over her own thoughts. Making her hate you." He finally finishes, drawing back the curtains so I can look across the ward.

"She will be all right." Dad says with a small smile. "Now, on the other hand, Tom. He will be okay, but will also be missing prices of his hands and feet. And his skin will be completely scarred. After all, he was attacked for an hour by a demon dog." Dad says before the nurse flutters in and gives me another sleeping needle. The world shuts off.