Chapter 20: Bite me

The next night I am awoken to the sound of chants and I find all four sisters in the living room, lighting candles and pouring salt in the corners.

Callum is nowhere to be seen, so I try to forget the creepy images that are trying to invade my mind as I head to the back deck, checking for him, needing his touch to calm my frantic mind.

He's not there either and I almost scream as a small hand grabs mine. "Robin, Callum was looking for you." Riley whispers quietly as she leads me to the front porch, before giving us some time alone.

I grasp his shirt, not liking the feelings this is giving me, unfamiliar in these ways.

"Callum..."

"Shhhhh. It's okay. I promise you. I know you don't understand, but not a single strand of magyk will touch you." I look into his eyes in the dim lighting of the night, shivering and shaking like a baby pup, nothing like I've been raised to be as an alphas daughter, but I would like to see how my father would feel against a woman like Callum's mother.

"Just take my hand and trust me. I want to keep you healthy. I want to keep these babies healthy and if this is the only way then I'm willing to try." I can tell that he is nervous too. I can feel it through our thinly placed bond, a bond that I have come to realize is not complete.

But I suck it up and nod my head thinking of the children that may never come to be if I don't toughen my soul.

I let him drag me into the eerie lighting. I let him sit me on the floor, his eyes the only thing keeping me glued to my spot as his sisters start to circle us.

They each take his hand, whispering words that I cannot decipher before connecting their hands around us.

I shiver as Callum pulls me close, kissing my forehead and arching his neck.

I let my canines gently descend, not trying to seem greedy as I let my emotions free, as I let my hunger be known in the way I growl as I sniff his neck like an animal, the babies pushing my wild to give them what they crave to grow.

His worry is apparent as he gulps, his hands shaking as he pulls my head closer to his neck, to the mark I've given him and I hesitate.

The chanting starts to fade, his hands begging me but his breathing halting me even with my feral wildness banging on the inside.

"Don't be afraid, Robin bird. Just bite me." He whispers in my ear and I can't seem to help myself. I can't seem to hold back as he gives me those words of assurance.

And so I let my teeth find purchase, biting in and letting his blood coat my tongue, feeling the way his body presses to mine as the sensual bliss starts to wrap around us.

I lose myself, trusting that he won't pass out, that he will stop me before that this time.

My hands grasp his waste, holding him close as I feel the way my energy is increasing, the way the babies start to kick around inside my stomach, gentle taps here and there and then stronger as I continue to suck, to taste the way his blood satisfies my being.

I don't notice the way his sisters each grab his hand, the way they let their energy flow through him and into me. I'm only told about this afterwards, when I finally am pulled away by Callum's shaking hands, his shaky smile.

He had a hard time telling me to stop, but his sisters were starting to become tired, the babies needing a lot more energy than we thought possible.

He doesn't seem deterred as he wipes the blood from my lips, as he kisses me, picking me up in his arms, looking tired but alive nonetheless.

He thanks his sisters, his eyes glinting as he helps me to the couch and the candles are all blown out.