First Shift.

"Gabby?" Mum shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes I know mum. I'm trying to sort things out." I sighed, chucking the kit bag on my bed. I filled it with some clothes, some toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, condition and shampoo. I checked everything off my list as it went into the bag. There was only one final thing left and I chucked on some jeans and a jumper as I took my bag downstairs. Mum was cooking, Dad was stood in the middle of the living room, he smiled at me as I came in and dropped my bag on the sofa. I packed the family photo album and hugged Dad.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He sighed.

"Of course I am. I know you don't want me to but come on? This is my dream. I've been training for 6 months. Today is the big day." I smiled.

"I know sweetie. That's why me and your mum are going to come along to see you graduate in." He smiled.

"Seriously?!" I laughed.

"Yes we are." Mum smiled, she handed me a bacon sandwich, Which I ate rather quickly in excitement. After about a hour, we went out and began our 3 hour drive to the fire station where the ceremony would take place. I sat in the back next to my kit bag, the picture album being my only company. Mum sat round slightly and looked at me with a smile.

"So is Peter going to be there today?" She smiled.

"You mean Mills?" I laughed.

"Okay Peter Mills then. I'm going to call him Peter. Well so?"

"Yes mum Peter will be here. Okay calm down? Like I'll introduce to you him later."

"Okay Gab's. Do you think your going to graduate?"

"Hopefully." I smiled, she just smiled at me before turning back around and exchanging a smile with my dad.

*

We got there at half past 9 and there were already loads of people around. We parked up and I was the first to get out the car. Carrying my kit bag. Mum and Dad came and stood by my side. Just as I looked around, Mills came running over and picked me up. I dropped my bag and burst into laughter.

"Mills!!" I laughed.

"Dawson." He smiled.

"You made it then."

"I did yes." I smiled, as he put me down. "This is my mum and dad." He smiled and hugged mum, and shook dad's hand. They both smiled and Mills went back to his family. I had been placed with him ever since I started training. We had become literally best friends. Today was going to be amazing, graduating and becoming one of the team with my best friend. Now the only issue was we might not be on the same truck or house and I really prayed and hoped we would.

"I am going to go and get changed and prepared so I'll come and see you straight after okay?" I smiled.

"Yes good luck sweetie. We'll see you in a few hours." Mum smiled, I hugged them both and ran off after Mills.

"Your parents are nice." He smiled.

"Yeah I agree. I'm coming to meet your family after the ceremony." I laughed.

"Oh are you though?" He smiled, he hugged me quickly before disappearing off after the boys to go get changed, I smiled as he walked off, I ran into my block and found a locker to get sorted out and dressed. After a few minutes there I was standing in a line with the rest of the girls, in my full uniform, my hat and belt set perfectly on. I kept a straight face as we were spoken too.

"You will wait by the stairs in a perfectly straight line and as your name is called you will march onto the stage, stand up straight be greeted, receive your news, say thank you, march off and stand on the parade grounds and wait for the others. Your posture is to be kept upright and straight the entire time. " He shouted.