Chapter Five

I set my laptop down on the ground and looked at him dumbfounded. Harry set his bags down by the door and slowly walked over to me, sitting right on my lap.

            “May I sit here?” he joked.

            “No, fatass, move.” I yelled and he got up putting his arms up in defense.

            “Seems like some people never change,” he stated.

            “What is that supposed to mean?” I asked confused.

            “Nothing,” he said while sitting down on the floor near Daniel and Niall.

            “Uh, surprise?” Daniel said awkwardly with a smile.

            “Really, Daniel? I asked annoyed. I grabbed my laptop and looked over at Juliet who was staring at Harry in disgust. She stood up and started walking to the bedroom and I followed closely behind.

            “Sky, Jules!” Daniel called after us but we ignored him and shut the bedroom door. I fell onto my bed looking up at the ceiling.

            “Why?” I mumbled.

            “Because the world hates me,” Juliet sighed.

            Juliet was more upset than me, for many reasons too. How I feel about Niall, she feels about Harry. The couple times she met Harry hadn’t exactly gone so well.

            One year ago.

            I walked into my Aunt Diane’s house with Juliet, food and movies in hand, ready to sleep over and spend some quality time with her. My Aunt Diane was more of a friend than an aunt; she didn’t really care about much. She wasn’t the strict type at all. She was currently at the store buying tons of food for the weekend, since Julie and I eat so much. I walked into the kitchen setting my stuff down out of the counter and went to the fridge and pulled out a Dr. Pepper, my favorite. I closed the door and who other than Niall was standing on the other side with a cheeky smile.

            “Oh hey, fancy seeing you here. Long time no see.” He smiled.

            “Fancy seeing me in my aunt’s house? And you just saw me last week dipshit.” I hissed. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see Harry standing next to Juliet in the doorway, whispering something in her ear. I kept my distance for a moment, seeing how everything would play out, but it didn’t take long for things to turn bad.

            “Are you drunk? I can smell the alcohol on your breath.” She stated. Juliet wasn’t one for confrontation, but if she had to stick up for herself, she wouldn’t hesitate one second.

            “No,” he lied.

            “Mate, you’re definitely lying.” Niall laughed and you could smell the alcohol on his breath as well.

            “Both you idiots are.” I mumbled.

            “Hey, we’re not idiots,” Harry choked out. Harry grabbed Juliet by her waist, catching her off guard.

            “How about we go somewhere and talk?” he stuttered.

            “No.” she replied bluntly. He grabbed her by her arm and tried walking through the back hallway but she refused.