[19] Feelings within the Lion's Den

(A/N Oh my goosh an Author's Note!  Anyways- stuff about to get real here so. . . Prepare yourself I guess. . .)

Areum's POV-
I can't believe I'm doing this. . . How can Wanna-One even REMOTELY think of this as a good idea?!?! I shouted in my head as I stood outside of SM, as the boys have shortened it too, Entertainment's main building waiting for Taeyong.

They do realize that I can be captured, or tortured, or maybe something even worse right?! I bet this was Jisung's plan. . . That leader is gonna get it when-

"Are you okay?," I heard a chuckled sound, and I stopped pacing, turned to the entrance of the building, and saw Taeyong leaning against the outside walls in amusement.

"Of course I am," I rolled my eyes.

"Sarcam's not appreciated."

"Sarcasm and I are a package deal," I stated, "Take it or leave it!"

Taeyong sighed and gestured for me to go inside, and I marched up the steps, "Thought so!," I dramatically flipped my hair, and I could feel Taeyong roll his eyes from behind me.

"So why are you auditioning?," he asked me as we waited patiently for an elevator to open up.

Because Wanna-One forced me to- "Because my dance team thought it would be waste of talent if I didn't audition," I sighed.

"But none of them came with you?," Taeyong questioned, an elevator dinging, signaling that we can enter.

"They're not the. . .best. . .at memorizing dates other than those that pertain to the dance team," I answered, walking into the death trap waiting to happen, "I texted them this morning in our group chat, and they all replied though," I showed him the group chat, and, no lie, it was still going off for congratulations, good lucks, don't worries, and full blown speeches of encouragement, "They're still here in spirit," I smiled at the leader of NCT.

"I can see that. . .," Taeyong trailed off, shocked and amazed at all of the texts I was getting. I returned my phone to its rightful place in my back jeans pocket, "Either way I'm glad you're auditioning."

"Thanks," I grinned lightly. I noticed that we were going to the seventh floor of the building, "So what's SM like?"

"SM?," Taeyong caught me.

"What? It's easier to say 'SM' than 'SooMin.' No offense to your CEO or anything though."

"I doubt he'll mind it," Taeyong brushes off. Thank Celestia that Seongwoo-shi gave me those quick thinking lessons. . ., "To answer you question though: 'SM' is like a home away from home, and SooMin-nim is like a really cool grandpa. He can be really strict from time to time, but that's because he wants us to do better."

I nodded, listening carefully to every word Taeyong said, and all of it felt sincere. . .

"Oh!," He perked up, "Before I forget, Mark said that you had a date on Tuesday?"

"Aish, that kid. . .," I muttered.

"Woojin's his name, right?"

"Yep. . ."

"So are you two a thing now?"

". . . No, I don't think so," I answered hesitantly, "I don't think I could ever like him more than a brother or friend. . . He reminds me of Mark actually."

"So you would never date Mark?"

"Nope! Like I said about Woojin-shi I'll say about him: he's like an older brother to me," I grinned at Taeyong. What I said for Mark is true, but Woojin?. . . I never thought about what he is to me. . .or the rest of Wanna-One for that matter.