The Truth

It is Halloween night and I have a party to go to. For once, I was invited to go to a college party. You would think that being a college student and quite a nice girl in my opinion, people would want to hang out with me at parties. That is not what happened. I drove to college and no one said a word to me. Occasionally, the shy kids would have quiet chats with me after class or my roommate would talk to me. Then, I met him, the love of my life, smoking hot bad boy, Collin. In my first year here, Collin would send me flirty glances or smirks and the occasional note. Eventually we exchanged numbers and one day during my free period, he showed up at my dorm with a rose to ask me out. We have been madly in love ever since. Collin's friends are throwing this party tonight and he is taking me.  I am being an innocent school girl and he is being a vampire. I dust my face with powder as I hear a knock on my door. I brush off my dress and open it. "Collin!" he spins me around in a hug. I land on my feet and he kisses me. His hair is gelled up high and he flashes his vampire fangs. He has the signature sexy black cape with a high red collar. "I love your costume!" I exclaim. "And I love yours beautiful!" he replies sweetly. "Shall we go?" he extends his arm. "We shall," I smile in return. I lock the door and we drive to the party in his car.  We walk through the crowd arm in arm, as his friends whistle and pat him on the back.  The girls have the typical scandalous costumes and there is alcohol everywhere.  A popular song plays and he leads me onto the dance floor.  After hours of dancing and drinking, we step outside for some fresh air, panting from all the dancing. Collin grabs me and pulls me into a passionate kiss that doesn't seem to stop. I finally manage to break away, gasping for air and he speaks before I can. "Let's leave." I grin shyly and he leads me back to the car and we return to his dorm. He unlocks the door, letting it swing open as he kisses me while walking in and closing the door. We make our way into his room and he continues kissing me on the bed now. He fingers the top button on my dress, while I am still tangling my hands in his hair and I stop for a second. "Don't you wanna take out those fake fangs now?" I ask, moving my hair to one side, looking up at him. "Lisa, they're not fake. I haven't been completely honest with you. I'm a vampire." Then everything went black. Collin lifts my unconscious body into his bed and puts me under the sheets. I wake up surrounded by warmth, with a painful hangover, still in my costume with Collin lying beside me. "You're a vampire?" I ask in pure shock still. That makes no sense, he is so sweet to me and he's always been such a romantic.  I'm stunned, I have been getting to know this amazing person and they aren't even human.  I thought I finally found my perfect match and for all I know he could drink my blood in the middle of the night.  He could hurt my friends and family.  I have been basically dating a killer.  "I swear I won't hurt you though! I have never met anyone like you before. Lisa, I love you. I want you, not your blood." He chuckles and kisses my hand. "Please don't leave me," he mutters seductively into my hair. "I.....I trust you. But don't you live off of human blood? I don't want you killing anyone else. How do I know you won't hurt the people I love?" I answer. "It doesn't have to be humans. Any blood would keep me alive. It could be from an animal if that makes you feel any better. I hate having to harm other creatures. I usually try and find dying animals and take their blood. You know just so they won't die for no reason. I have never hurt a human and I never will." Collin explains. "As long as you can have a life with me, that sounds wonderful." I turn over onto my stomach and whisper into his ear, "I'm not going anywhere Collin......I think I've fallen in love with you." He climbs on top of me gently and kisses me, moving down my neck. In this moment I don't care if he is an evil demon set out to kill me, I just want him to be mine. I just want to savor every kiss.  Nothing could stop me from loving him.