Ch.1

I made a few changes to the story to tie up a few knots and make an easier flow! Sorry I've been gone for a long time. Senior year got difficult, but i'm back and during this quarantine, this is my project. If you read this before, I suggest you read it again as I edit it so you'll know how it changes before i add the new chapters.

~Alpha Kayy

^ω^ Kade ʕʔ

Breathe. Wait. Relax. I sat at the base of a tree; Bow in hand, arrow ready to be drawn. I listened quietly, waiting for the sound of my soon to be kill. A branch cracked under the pressure of being stepped on. I whipped my head in the direction of the sound spotting a gorgeous white tailed dear. I took a moment to take in all of its beauty. I have a love for animals really. I hated any harm that came to them for unnecessary reasons. Hypocrite much right?

Wrong. With what I am...I must hunt. Or... Just know that I must to maintain myself. The deer walked so graciously towards the body of water that lie in front of it.

Now. Draw. Breathe. I drew the arrow back as I aimed at the poor creature's head. I held my breath waiting for my release. All senses enhanced becoming more aware of my surroundings. Its head bent to lap at the water. As I prepared to released the bow, a startling growl sounded behind me causing the bow to slip from my hand too soon. It hit a tree that sat behind the deer that ran off.

I missed..... I never miss.....

I turned towards the sound of the growl. There stood a pure white wolf. Our eyes meet and time seemed to slow down. His piercing silver eyes staring deep into my soul. Run. Why are you staring at this thing? I tried to run, but my body held me in place.

It took a step towards me and that seemed to snap me out of my trance. I turned on my heels and ran as fast as I could from the animal. The thudding of his paws was heard as it chased me. I made a quick dodge to the left trying to lose it, but it kept up. It wanted to play hard so I'll play harder. I turned to run towards a tree. Just before I collided with the Oak, I jumped midway up the tree. I smirked as I felt the tree tremble. Stupid animal.

Not risking climbing back down, I hopped from tree to tree until my house came into view. I jumped down and walked the rest of the way. The world between humans and supernaturals weren't exactly ideal. Especially a human with supernatural qualities. People like me aren't accepted well. On both sides.

I pulled my key from my pocket, but a sense of being watched settled over me. I glanced towards the woods to see the same wolf sitting watching me. He didn't do anything else, but he stared. I shivered. It felt like he could sense what I was thinking. I didn't feel alone in my mind. I put up a mental barrier as i turned to unlock my door.

Stepping inside, I locked the door feeling the presence slowing fading. I furrowed my eyebrows again. Even if it was weird, that thing still made me miss my shot. Scared off my prey. Made me lose my focus. I hung my bow on the wall. I glance around the kitchen. Beer bottles were scattered all over the place. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. I moved about the kitchen picking them up to discard them in the trash.

I placed the final bottle in the trash can. My mother's boyfriend entered from the living with another empty bottle in his hand. I grimaced at his appearance. He was dressed in soiled basketball shorts without a shirt and he reeked of alcohol. My mom sure knew how to pick them. Though I couldn't blame her. He tricked her by making her think that he was a well rounded character with an upstanding job. Hell, I was even fooled. I only figured out that he was really scum when I got home from school one day and I caught him laid up on the couch drunk. I tried to tell my mom many times, but she merely ignored me every time I told her.

He stood there for a second before throwing the bottle at me. I flinched as it smashed into the wall behind me. He cackled. "Why....w-why don't you uhhh.....clean that up. And while you're at it...uhh... make me some food." He slurred licking his lips. I ignored him. I didn't have time for his bull shit today. As I tried to climb up the stairs, he followed grabbing me by my neck. "Bitch, I said get your ass in here and make my food." I twisted in his grip trying to pry myself away. His grip tightened. He threw me into the wall and landed a blow on my face. I groaned in pain. He went to hit me again, but I was not having it. I closed my eyes letting my power drain from me. I opened my eyes to find him halted with his fist in mid air. "Let me go, bitch". He yelled once more. I flung him back across the room away from me. Taking the chance, I turned and fled upstairs to my room locking the door mentally.

See, since a kid, I was always able to do things that no normal human could do. I could read other minds, manipulate items and the people around me, and i had inhuman qualities about me such as floating, jumping high, and strength. My mom tried hard to make it seem like there was nothing wrong with me, but I was smart enough to know that I was not simply....human. There's something about me she won't tell me. She won't even tell me about my father. I've never seen a picture of him and she never mentions him. Whenever I asked, she says that he isn't important and tells me not to ask again.

Frustrated at this point, I strip off my clothes. I might as well take a shower to wipe off the stress of today. I entered my bathroom and pulled out my vanilla soap and shampoo. I'm addicted to the smell. I made my way to my shower and hopped in. I know its crazy to just hop in the shower without letting the water warm up, but the satisfaction of the water turning from cold to hot is just something to me. I set about cleaning my body, when I felt a weird sensation of being watched again. Instead of being weirded out, I felt calm. I push the feeling aside as I continued to let the spray rain down on my body wiping away the day's pain. A few minutes later I began to feel an intense hotness I turned the knob of the shower spraying cold water over my body. I got out deciding that I have dealt with enough weird shit today.

I entered my room again checking the time. It's late, I should go to bed since I attend my first day of my senior year tomorrow. I plugged my phone up and set my alarm. I found my self staring at the window across the room. I blinked. A set of silver orbs stared into the room. I paused in fear, but it was soon replaced by a wave of calmness. I blinked again and the orbs went away. I turned away from the window and fell asleep.

~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥~

PLZ READ!!!!!!!

Okay so i decided to do a re-re-edit of this story. And I'm happier with this version than my previous one. however WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE READING THE NEXT ONE. THIS IS EDITED THE NEXT CHAPPY IS NOT.

I edited and proof read it to make sure this is exactly what I want. I made some changes and changed up the plot a little and I'm fairly happy with how this is. Hope this catch your eye❤️ remember to vote and comment.