~Prolouge~

Lindsay Lofery jogged down the stairs her shoes slipping loosely. "Dammit my shoes" she said profoundly looking behind her as she ran down the wooden, polished spiral staircase. A man was walking down quickly, he had on a mascerade mask and a quickly sped- dagger in his hand. She made it to the bottom floor, and attemteped to open the heavy wooden doors to go back to the main entrance of the mascerade party, she would stand out though with her wild red hair, and no mask that fell off ages ago from running. She panted and began to through her hands on the door banging and yelling loudly, the man was on the last couple of stairs, she spotted a window down an elegant yellow-rugged hallway. Lindsay began running, she felt her shoes slipping off, she kicked them off and grabbed a heavy vase of flowers on a small brown table. She poured the flowers and water out of the vase, she reached the window finally and broke the window using the vase with a loud Crash! She looked behind her her wild blue eyes shocked, the man prepared to throw the small dagger. She closed her eyes and jumped out of the window. She felt her red hair tangling around her face, she opened her eyes and saw the man looking at her through the broken window. She laughed a victorious laugh and looked up at the stars she was mesmerized. Until she realized she was falling she began to scream her lungs filling with cold frosty air. She closed her eyes, and predicted the worst, she felt her bottom hit wooden floor, she was back home, finally! She laughed. "Time travelling Is hard work dad" she said looking at a picture frame of her father on top of her black piano. She smiled and walked into her bedroom. Crysanthemum her snowy white kitten was asleep on her yellow bedsheets. She unchanged, into a gray hoodie, and jeans, she rubbed her pregnant stomach. "Oh gosh! I forgot I have a date with Zach" said Lindsay pulling on some socks and black converse. She grabbed a can of cat food, opened and put it on the floor, beside Chrysanthemum's water bowl "eat while I'm gone Christie" said Lindsay flustered and left the room.
                               *****

Lindsay sat across from Zach in a flustered coffee shop. Today's the day Lindsay, tell him your pregnant! He's going to be so excited! Thought Lindsay as Zach stood up to go get thier two lattes. Zach sat down and stroked Lindsay's cream colored cheek, he laughed. "I- I have something to tell you Zach" Lindsay said sipping a short, delicate sip of her creamed latte. "What, bueatiful" he asked his blonde hair touching the golden light. "Zach, I'm pregnant" said Lindsay smiling. Zach on the other hand frowned, and released his hand quickly from her cheek. She smiled wider, "What? I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to support a child, Lindsay you know that" said Zach. Her smile shriveled "well this wasn't my fault! I thought you would love our baby BOY!" Said Lindsay louder than she should have. People in the coffee shop turned to stare. Macy's cheeks blushed, "I'm sorry Lindsay but I can't" Zach said standing abruptly from his chair he began to walk away, but Lindsay is a stubborn person, she grabbed his wrist. "Zach, please, you don't have to leave we can work this out I promise! As long as I don't have to get an Abortion, Zach" Lindsay said tears filling her eyes till her vision was blurred. "LINDSAY LET GO I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN" said Zach pulling up his hood and walking out in the chilled rain. She didn't care about the people around her at the moment, she sank to the floor cuddling her knees, she stayed there for hours, even though she got many pats on the back as people left the place she did not feel any better. Her sadness turned into a hated anger! The only thing that made her move was a sweet male employee that tapped her on the shoulder. "Sweethart, place is closin' you gotta leave, here I packed a red velvet cake to go! Sorry bout' that, guys are jerks" he said laughing he walked away with a sassy sway in his large steps.
                               *****
She walked home letting her face and hair soak in the rain. "Well, I want to go home" said Lindsay smiling up at the rain splashing her face.

Oct,11,2017
Chapter published.