~Chapter Two~

Alex and Samantha briskly walked towards the front door of thier yellow walled house. "Where are you two going" asked Lindsay who was doing dishes. "We're going to school for an football event" said Samantha pointing at her red school jersey. "Okay, you two be careful, text me when you need me to pick you up" said Lindsay smiling safely. "Love you, Mom" said Alex and Samantha equally.
                           *****
Samantha ordered a bag of popcorn and two sprites at the concession stand for her and Alex who dearly enjoyed watching thier home-school football games. "Go Wendigos" shouted Alex pumping his fist up in the air. "Man. Our team is really good, right Alex" asked Samantha looking over the heads of others. He laughed " yeah". Samantha stood and began to do the school chant. Later the whole row of stands were joining in.
                              *****

Lindsay and Clemintine were watching Elmo, Clemintine's favorite tv show. "You want to go to the store with mommy" asked Lindsay looking at Clemintine. "Yeah" said Clemintine smiling up at her mother, with little dimples. They jumped in thier green Mazda 3, Lindsay strapped Clemintine in to her car seat and kissed her lightly on her forehead. They listened to pumps and pulses of music for fifteen minutes until they arrived at a small town store called Danny's Groceries they entered the store. It was about 20 minutes before she got a shaky breathed call from Samantha.
                               *****
"GO WENDIGOS" shouted Alex giddy with laughter. Samantha was wrapped around her brother's arm all the way asleep. When Alex heard strange popping noise. Maybe they just broke the popcorn machine thought Alex brushing away his black dyed hair. Alex watched as a couple people started running across the field interrupting the game. "HEY GET OFF THE FIELD" shouted Alex cupping his mouth. The popping noises got closer. "Run! They've got a gun, GO" yelled a short blonde teen on the field. Alex looked at his sisters, and the terrified people running, he stood off the bleachers, feeling the cold night air hit his face. He propped his sleeping sister over his shoulder and hustled along with other students down the bleacher. He ran into the auditorium only a five minute walk from the field. He sat in the small closet that had a ventilation system to get away. The room was right behind a wall of curtain. He sat his sister on the floor. She smiled in her slumber and rolled over. He sat down biting his knuckles, scared. "Wake up, Samantha" he said shaking his sister, "come on, wake up" he said. Samantha's eyes fluttered open. "Why are we in this gross closet, Alex, This better not be a prank! I swear if someone's waiting behind this doo-" she said standing and reaching for the door handle. "Stop" said Alex grabbing her wrist, He started to go through the events of the last ten minutes "so I was watching the finishing touches of the game, you had fallen asleep about twenty- thirty minutes ago. And I heard loud popping noises I thought it was just the popcorn machines or kids clapping. But then a blonde chick came running on the field and said someone was running around with a gun" said Alex in one big whisper. Samantha slightly gasped, she went and cuddled beside Alex. "Should I call mom" asked Samantha. "Yeah tell her to come in through the back of the school, but be quiet and make sure she's quiet. Ring. Ring. Ring. Riiiiiing. Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system. "Dang it she didn't answer me" growled Samantha brushing back her dark blood red curls. "Just try again, Sam" said Alex calmly. Ring. Ringgg.ring. "Yes this is Lindsay Livery speaking how can I help you" said her mother's sweet as honey voice. "M-mom there's a shooter at our school I'm not joking" said Samnthat drawing in quick silent breaths. "Oh my I'm on my way" said Lindsay flustered, the sounds of wheeling carts rattling. "Go to the back of the school and when you pull in turn your headlights off and text me or Alex and we will make our way to you" said Samantha ending the call. "Come on, we need to get closer to the ba-" Alex was stopped by the sound of walking footsteps. He silently opened the ventilation system he motioned for Samanthat to go in. They crouched able to see through slits of metal into the closet. Samantha behind him. She couldn't see anything. He heard the door twisting open. He saw thin curved legs wearing jeans walk into the room, he saw a shiny gun in the hand facing nearest to him. Alex didn't dare move. The person walked a couple of paces and then walked out. They could hear thier footsteps fade and the shut of a door. He reopened the vent and climbed out Samantha following behind. They opened the door and glanced around, they could see hidden people scattered around telling them not to go. They fast walked down to a slanted ramp that led to a main hallway, Samantha pressed her ear to the door, she heard footsteps loudly walk by. Then they faded off towards another hall. She opened the door about half an inch, heart pounding, she saw the person walk off into the drama room and band room hallway, luckily a long twisting hallway. Samantha looked to the right of him and saw the back entrance. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She heard buzzing sirens as well. She motioned for her brother to follow her as the person went into a room. They made a silent dash for the back door, a car with no head lights on sat in the pitch dark sky. A frantic mother with wild red curls motioned for them to come. Alex sat in the front seat. And Samantha sat in the back, fiddling with Clemintine's fingers, to keep her self sane. As Lindsay started the car the person came out and started shooting, Lindsay veered off into the night everyone safe. Other than a few window scratches...

Oct,12,2017
Chapter published.