Chapter 1

-This chapter has been edited-

Lance waved goodbye to his aunt as her taxi sped away from him, he wiped his face quickly as he felt the tears begin to well up in his eyes. Lance turns away from the fast disappearing vehicle to face the looming gates of Altea University, built and founded by the very Family that still runs it to this day, decades later. It was also the most prestigious school in all of Europe.

Lance gulped at the sight, nervous to even step foot in a place as prestigious as Altea University. He shakes his head and picks his bags up off of the ground with a grunt, before hesitantly stepping into the threshold of the marvelous school grounds.

He looks at the buildings in awe, the grounds are well maintained and Even in the midst of bustling new students hurrying to get to their dorms and prepare for the tour for the next day.

Lance smiled to himself as more students rushed past him, a few bumping he shoulders as they rushed passed. He couldn't believe he actually got in, all of his studying and help from his Tia really paid off. Now it was time to have a new beginning, he walks forward with a grin plastered to his face, towards his new living quarters for the next 4 years.

______________

"This is a new beginning Kogane!" Pidge says happily, slapping Keith on the back, Keith groaned and turned to glare at the girl and the cackling man beside her.

"Yes Pidge I'd say it is a new beginning." He said back "a beginning where I shall win the heart of everyone I lay eyes one." He threw a grin Pidge's way, winking flirtatiously. She groaned and took off her large round glasses to massage the bridge of her nose.

"My god and I thought this whole 'being an adult' thing would finally kill your dumb ass flirting." She muttered in annoyance.

"But oh how wrong we were" Hunk said with a blank expression.
Keith rolled his eyes and smirked at the two.

"Whatever, you guys love it." He teased, moving on ahead of his two best friends and closer to the gates of the university they were all going to be attending.
He gazed around at the grounds of Altea university and smiled to himself. I can't believe we made it...
He thought, a giddiness bubbling in his chest as he sped forward, taking it all in.

"Oof-" Keith blinked in surprise, he hadn't even noticed the person In front of him before running straight into them.

"Oh- oh my god! Are you okay!" Keith panicked, moving quickly to help the guy up and retrieve their fallen bags.

"Ugh.. yeah I'm alright. But watch where you're going next time got it!" The man snarled in his face ripping the bags from Keith's grip, storming off in the direction of the dorm halls.
He stared after the man with an awed smile.

"What's that creepy face for Kogane?" Pidge said punching him lightly on the arm.

"Okay ouch, and nothing I just shoved the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on to the ground." Pidge stared blankly at him for a moment.

"Wow smooth, already failing at flirting and we only just got here." Keith snorted

"Aw come on I'm not that bad." He said, eyes still following in the man's wake
_____

Lance rubbed his sore shoulder in annoyance, what was with that guy being a clueless idiot?! He thought to himself as he made it mostly unscathed to his new room, he unlocked the door and stepped in. The room was spacious, holding a kitchenette and a bathroom, the only strange thing he noticed was the absence of a second bed in the room. He frowned, do I not...get a roommate?? He wonders, not really bothered by that thought.
"Oh well.." he mutters to himself as he tosses his bag at the foot of the bed. He sits on the bed and looks around at the plain space. He sighs and flops onto his back, flinging his arms back with him.
He winces and pulls his arms back to his side's.

"Ah shouldn't of done that.." he groaned and sat up. He looks in the body length mirror that's positioned In front of him and smiles slightly, happy with what he sees.

There's a loud knock at his door and he jumps in fright before hesitantly moving to open the door.

"Uh hello?" He looks at the woman on the other side up and down. She's tall with dark skin and long silver hair, wearing a name badge on her blue polo shirt.

"Hello there! I'm Allura, your resident assistant or RA. I came to see how you were settling in your new room." She smiles brightly at him

"I'm Lance, nice to meet you " he shakes her hand "I'm settling well I guess...but I was wondering about the roommate situation..?" He trails off, Allura frowns.

"Oh yes, that. The council decided to have you in your own room because of your uh... condition." Lance sighed in annoyance.

"I really don't think that's necessary. But if the 'council' thinks so then whatever." He notices her guilty look "But thank you, for stopping by. I'll see you around." With that he closes the door, leaving her without a chance to reply.

He sits back on his bed and buries his head in his hands, he groaned loudly.
"I just want to be treated like a regular student... Is that so much to ask.."