Ben & Bev.

winter

___________

"im gonna getcha!" Bev yelled. she ran through the snow chasing after bill. Her heavy boots leaving holes in the fresh fallen purity.  

"Heads up Ben!" Eddie called. by the time I switched on and turned a large frozen ball had been flung at my face by the one and only; trash mouth Tozier. It didn't hurt too much but it did leave my cheeks pinker than usual.  Heavy breaths came from behind me. Bev was there with her hands on her bent knees panting like a dog, a cute one.  "we should team up" she said after catching her breath. "sure'' I smiled. she stood in front of me, like she was watching guard or protecting something or someone she loved. A snowball flew across the frosted plains like a pin board dart. It crumbled into tiny shards of glass-like snow as it came into contact with the front of Beverly's chest. The impact forced her to stumble back on to me, which then caused me to be flat on my back in the cold and Bev right on top of me.

we made eye contact longer than we probably should have but seeing her eyes glimmer in the bright snow made me want to stare at her all day. I fell deep into her blue glassy eyes, they were rich full of hope and innocence. All of her features made me love her, from her fiery locks, to her natural curling eyelashes or plump lips right down to the way her cheeks tinged a deep red when she talked about her favourite band.

This morning light made her look like a goddess, pure and heavenly.

"just kiss already, god" there goes trash mouth tozier again. 

Bev looked away and smiled. 

"Bev?" she looked up at me with the cutest smile. I swallowed the lump that was throbbing in my throat and leant up and connected our lips. it was a gentle kiss, meaning full- to me and to her I hope. her lips were softer than that cuddly fabric in winter coats, she tasted of bubble mint toothpaste and smelt of fresh linen mixed with the musky scent of cigarettes. There wasn't much movement just the occasional mouth open-close. 

"get a room"

our kiss lasted a whole 10 seconds with the end forced by stans unnecessary comment. Bev got up and put out her hand for me to hoist myself up with. We stood there in silence for a while just smiling like idiots. 

"the game?" mike insisted 

She sprang into action, snowball at the ready. she turned to me. 'partners?' I mouthed to her. she winked back then pegged the ball of frozen water right at Richies chest. 

"the kiss would have happened anyway trash mouth!".