Chapter 1: Rin Redfield

RIN POV

My name is Rin Redfield. I'm 14 years old. I have two fathers and an older brother.

I'm about 5'7.
Brown short hair.
My left eye is blue.
My right eye is hazel.
My brother has the same eyes as well.

My earliest memory were hospitals. I remember seeing doctors, nurses, examinations.

I was broken. I was mute. The doctors were trying to fix me. My parents were trying to explain what was wrong with me. They tried to explain what made me different from others.

I didn't understand. I just have them the same look I did for years. I don't think they ever heard my voice.

I heard the doctors admit that there was nothing they can do to fix me. They said...I would never be a normal person. Or live a normal life.

As I grew older, I came to understand what was wrong with me. I never said a word. I also saw what the other children had.

Happiness.

Sadness.

Anger.

But. I never felt any of these things. I only ever felt, empty.

Hollow.

Incomplete.

I have two fathers who desperately wanted to help me. But my brother, they weren't like my fathers.

Django wasn't worried about me at all. He told me the day will come when I'll snap out of it. He was exactly like me when he was my age. 

My fathers scolded at him and didn't want to hear nonsense. They wanted a normal child more than anything in the world.

They tried everything to make me feel a glimpse of happiness.

Gifts.

Food.

Entertainment.

But nothing worked.

I never felt happy. But I did finally feel something.

Petty.

I felt petty for these sad men who wanted a lively daughter. I didn't want them to worry about me anymore.

And so I finally spoke my first words.

"Daddy..." I said towards Piers.

"Papa..." I said towards Chris.

I finally began to act like the other children. I pretended to be normal.

They were both so happy.

We finally became a normal family.

But I think papa knew. Deep down he knew it was all fake.

My school life was different. I was placed in "special" classes.