Chapter 4

It was another day at Camp Campbell, and all the campers were in the mess hall, scrubbing it down and cleaning it up under the supervision of the Quartermaster.

"This sucks," Max says as he scrubs the floor with a toothbrush, "This is the kind of peasant work my parents left their home country to avoid."

"Yeah, I don't get the point," Nikki says as she, too, scrubs the floor, "What good is rolling around on the floor if it's CLEAN?"

"This isn't even part of a sanctioned camp activity," Neil complains, "This is child labor!"

"And David, Eva, and Gwen have finally realized that they have a surplus of free labor and are taking advantage of it," Karma grumbles, glaring down at her own toothbrush.

The four keep scrubbing as Erid walks by and leans against a wall. Nikki and Neil look up.

"Man, Erid never gets yelled at for not working," Nikki says wistfully, "She's just too cool. I wish I was her."

"Arid? Like a dry desert climate?" Neil asks.

Karma looks over at Erid with pure hatred. She just never liked her, probably because she makes Karma think of a rejected Barbie doll.

"I think her real name is Meridith, but she's so frickin' cool, she goes by the middle part of her name!" Nikki squeaks, practically having stars in her eyes. "Ooh, I wonder if I should try that.." she mumbles. "Ikk. Ooo yeahhh!"

Karma sighs and shakes her head.

"That's fucking stupid, nicknames don't make you cool," Max says, putting his brush down.

"Pssh, spoken like a true first-part nicknamer," Nikki states.

Karma laughs at Nikki's response.

Max blinks, "No one's TOO cool to talk to, even cool kids take giant uncomfortable shit from time to time,"

Nikki, Karma, and Neil just stare at him, a bit weirded out.

"Helps remind you we're all equal," Max adds confidentaly.

"Hey, you chillin'? Cut the yammerin' an' get back ta scrubbin'," The Quartermaster warns.

The kids groan and get back to cleaning.

"If we were in charge, things would be so much better," Karma growls. Why can't Eva just let her escape this hellhole of a camp?

Neil nods in agreement, "No scrubbing, no outdoors,"

"No David," Max says.

"We should just REVOLT!" Neil states.

Max and Karma look at Neil like he was a genius.

"You know what? You're right!" Max yells. He gets up, causing everyone to look at him. Max starts a speech, "Aren't you sick of this lowly work?! It's time we take control of our lives and fight back! Who's with me?!"

Karma smiles at Max, and nods.

Everyone cheers in agreement, while the Quartermaster look over at the kids nervously.

David, Eva, and Gwen were currently walking to the Mess Hall to check up on what the kids are doing.

"I'm just so excited!" David beams with joy.

"Yeah, you keep saying that," Eva says, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Well, because it's TRUE! THE Cameron Campbell is coming tomorrow!" David exclaims.

Gwen sighs.

"Oh, maybe he'll give us a raise! Or tell me I'm like the son he never had!" David hopes

"...Or explain why he's wanted by the Government," Gwen speaks up. She seems tired.