Prologue;

-Lacey-

I ran out of house, rushing to my car trying not to trip over my gown. Today was my graduation day, I absolutely couldn’t be late. I saw my parents coming out the door with my brother who clearly didn't want come. I opened the door to my car, then climbing in.

I drove off to the school, checking the time every stop sign. We didn’t live too far from the school, but it was a couple blocks away. Once I reach the school, I search for a parking spot, then parking my car. I get out, fixing my gown a bit.

I rushed through the doors of the school, seeing a huge sign that said ‘Seniors that way!,’ The sign pointed down the hall, where I saw one of my best friends. I rushed to her side, scaring her half to death. “Lacey! You almost gave me a heart attack!” Nicole yelled.

We made our way to the back of the school, exiting the building. There was a little field where there was chairs set up and a little stage. Nicole and I searched for Tyler, our other best friend. It’s sad that we are all going to different places, but we promised to keep in touch.

Nicole and I spot Tyler, who was now running over to us with a smile on his face. “What’s with the smile?” I ask, keeping my blank expression. “We’re graduating!” Tyler yells, causing all of us to laugh. “Yeah but we aren’t going to see each other as much, it won’t be like old times” Nicole replies.

Tyler drags us over to our seats, since we were allowed to pick our own. Nicole, Tyler, and I all sat in the back, not wanting a single person to pay attention to us. “This summer, we are spending every moment together” I mention. They both nod, grins spreading across their faces.

Once the principle was done with his speech, he called up our names one by one. Once I grabbed my diploma, I exited the stage. I made my way back over to my seat where Tyler and Nicole were just smiling at me. Was this really that great?

Once the whole ceremony was over, we all took pictures with each other, and a few with all the people we never had to see again. I handed my gown to my mother smiling, “Tyler, Nicole, and I are going to go out for a bit, I’ll be home later” I tell her, as she smiles at me nodding.

And that’s how my senior year ended.

-Sorry if it's a little short.