I Did Nothing Wrong

Written by: Umi Suriya
Edited by: Blaze1113

I Did Nothing Wrong

I'm sitting there, crisscrossed, staring at the beautiful nature outside of the electric fence. The cool autumn wind blows my long brown hair, while my wrists screech in pain from the handcuffs.

Today is the last day I will ever see the sun, the clouds, the outside world. The last day the world is gonna feel my presence.

Today is the day I say goodbye.

It all started when...

*Flashback*

"Jess, be careful!" I say to my identical twin sister as we enter the dark, horrifying, repulsive smelling cave. She almost tripped over a rock, and I couldn't stop myself from giggling.

"But I'm so excited to explore, I've heard many things about this place!" says Jess.

Jess has always loved adventures more than me. She's the younger twin, by two minutes, and I couldn't be more blessed to have her. She's absolutely amazing, so innocent and nice. She's the perfect sister for me.

"Me too." I agree. I'm excited too, even though it's very creepy looking. It's one of the best places in London, we just had to come here. Even though this part of the forest was cut off, saying it was off boundaries for humans.

The one thing people have never figured out is what happened to those who made this a popular spot.

"Katelynn, look at that!" Jess whispers as she points at a black bat. We walk closer to it and admire its still upside down sleeping form.

We walked further away, flashlights gleaming, as the innocent sun soon fades behind us. The cave getting creepier and creepier as our feet march on, deep into the dark unknown.

As we turn the corner, we see a black figure, almost as big as a human, but not in the shape of one.

"What is that?" I whisper to Jess. I faintly see her shake her head.

"Let's slowly go towards it," she whispers to me. The black figure has bad news written all over it, but I still nod as we tiptoe towards it. I turned my flashlight off so there's less light shining on it, giving less attention to us.

We were only a couple of feet away when we heard a strange noise.

Snoring, sounding of a human's.

We back away, so it doesn't see us. It started to snore louder, startling me, making me accidentally drop my flashlight.

The impact of the flashlight and the ground wasn't that loud, but loud enough for one to hear in the utter silence of the cave.

They say silence is the loudest sound. That is true, until you realize you woke up a terrifying beast by ruining said silence.

I see it stand up, hovering over us, too big for our five feet two-inch body frames.

"Who are you and why are you here?" I hear him say, his deep voice and British accent echoing in the silence of the cave.

I didn't answer, Jess didn't either. The answer to his question formed in our thoughts and remained there, as silence filled the air once again.

Humans have a fight or flight response when startled. Jess and I? We stand in shock and are cemented to the cold ground of the cave, too afraid to move over the fear of getting crushed like a grape.