Chapter 7

As soon as the stars began their watch and the air got cooler, Gisella left saying she should get ready. Beatrice agreed and then realized; she hadn't picked a dress!

  "Yeah, they're gonna let the princess walk in all clumsy", the blonde mocked.

  "Go mind your business, girl, for once", Bea joked closing the door. She didn't know the next occasion they spent a day together would only be years later.

  She came back to bed wishing the day just ended. Getting a husband was definitely not what she imagined for her Transition Day. Of course right after that thought Rohesia burst inside carrying on her bulky arms a gown. The fabric was of the lightest green shade, the bodice was covered with little emeralds, and it had no sleeves, Bea's favorite kind of dress.

  Other servants walked in with a tub full of hot water. They left and Rohesia helped the princess shower. Then it was time to put her hair all together in a neat bun on top of her head. Rohesia, very nervously, put the dress on the princess.

  "I had a nightmare that I put fire on it by accident, my princess", the woman explained why her hands were shaking. 

  Beatrice laughed and told her to relax, that she wouldn't mess it up.

  "My dear... Please, be patient with your father. At least in front of the others..." Rohesia whispered after a moment of silence. Bea often had doubts if Rohesia could read minds, she always said things that were twirling in the girl's mind. Maybe it was just their bond. 

  The princess stared at the floor. The King and the princess had been like enemies for months. Curiously, most of the conflicts had something to do with Yvette.

  Maybe he did cheat on my mom with her.

  She never admitted such theory but she didn't recognize Richard Dale anymore. He acted so different, his opinions had changed so much. Maybe it was his fault that her mother had poisoned herself. Maybe not. Beatrice couldn't know the truth and that haunted her.

  After wearing the soft fabric, she grabbed two tiny emerald earrings from the hairdresser. She stared at her reflection on the long mirror before heading to the ball. On the corner of the image, a very emotive Rohesia wiped tears with the apron. Beatrice loved dressing up; she never felt prettier.

  Let's see how Renard reacts to this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do YOU think Renard is going to react? And what is the secret between Richard Dale and the Duchess? Was she responsible for Elicia's death or it's just a coincidence? Get ready, my dear readers, this ball is about to turn the story upside down!