I Might Even Kiss You

CARTER

The hot steam from the shower opens my pores while I'm shaving my legs, mentally preparing myself for the killer heels I'm about to slip on for the night. I sigh shutting my eyes as I allow the razor to skim across my skin deforesting my legs for the evening. I haven't shaved in a while. But my mom warned me to look nice for the evening. If I don't, I will forever be in her bad books. That's not something I can handle. My brothers, maybe. But me? No way.

Propping my leg up on the side of the shower to get a better angle, I allow the beads of water trickle down my body. I have the water really hot. Just how I like it. I don't even know what this is tonight? All I know is that my dad is giving a speech on football and coaching. But he's here to help raise money for the college, in all sports and academics. He's doing it because he attended here too. So did my mom, that's how they met. He was the star quarterback for the college and my mom was not into football at all. He was idolised on campus, according to her, and she was all he ever saw when the first met, according to him. They fell in love, after some months of fighting it, they got married after my mom found out she was pregnant with Austin. We like to call him 'El Accidente' to which he hates.

Finishing with my right leg I start with the other.

I think the top people in this college will be here tonight. The head of the different schools, deans, professors, coaching staff, etcetera. I get why my brothers are going, they came here too, and now are two of the best players in the NFL. My dad trained them well. But I don't get why I'm going? All I do is stand next to him while he talks to the big guys who do nothing but send me creepy smiles and winks. I shudder at the thought.

Sometimes they even introduce me to their sons who will 'take over the company in the future' as a way in to impressing my dad. But he sees right through it. My mom on the other hand, she's a hopeless romantic and thinks that the guys I'm introduced to is the right one. Every time. If my dad had his way I would die a lonely old woman who has never been seen or touched by any man. My mom, wants lots of grandkids, and she'll be waiting a while after the conversation that went down last week. I'd rather not go down that road, not yet anyway.

Finishing my shower, I wrap a towel around my body and another in my hair and walk out to the living room. I close the door over and walk into my room. I pat my skin dry and apply some moisturiser my brother Chris got me for Christmas. Hearing my phone buzz while charging I walk around my bed and light it up to see who has messaged me.

Kevin: You want to do the therapy assignment together so we can help each other out? :)

Kevin is the guy I met in one of my classes. He sat next to me and started to talk to me. I sat there completely dumbfounded as to why he was talking to me. He has bright blonde hair her borderline looks Scandinavian. He has the pretty boy face and he's really good looking. But I didn't understand why he was talking to me. He's been so nice to me since that day, he paid for my hot chocolate the day I saw TJ and Nick in the cafe.

Nick.

I couldn't sleep thanks to him. The entire night my mind was in overdrive analysing his words. Memorising his eyes. Those hunter green orbs that are currently haunting me. I sigh thinking about him, knowing I shouldn't be.

Me: Sure! I'd like that! I need all the help I can get. :)

Kevin: Perfect, I'll text you when we can meet up. Talk soon xx

Me: Cool! See you soon! xx

I honestly don't know why I put two x's at the end of the message. I'm not used to texting people, especially people my age.