THIRTY SIX

INSTAGRAM

'deejreeves: oh hi la'

17,394 LIKES | 293 COMMENTS

jackdgrazer: YES YES YE S YES YES YES

wyattoleff: hell yes boyyyyy

jaedenwesley: see you tomorrow beautiful😌

user1: JAEDENS COMMENT

user2: WE LOVE A COUPPLE OH MY GOD SJEBSJJS BITCH

user3: WHY ISNT DEE RESPODNIBG TI HIM IM IMPATIENT

||

REAL LIFE

"Text me or call me if you need anything," Bill said worriedly as Dee gathered up her things in her arms before pushing open the passenger door of his car, "Okay?"

"I will," she rolled her eyes, laughing at how over protective he got whenever they were home in LA and he couldn't be just a couple rooms away from her to make sure she was okay, "Love you"

"Love you too, kiddo," he said, waiting for her to lug her bag all the way up her driveway and to her front door before he actually pulled away from her house.

She could feel her phone buzzing in her pocket with notifications from the group chat, probably all asking if they could come over that night instead of waiting until the next day.

She shoved open the door, halfheartedly hoping she open it to her parents sitting in the living room, the lights on and the house warm. But she opened it to a dark, empty room, and a heater than wasn't on because no one had been in the house to turn it on once it started getting a little colder.

There was no Christmas tree up, no decorations. No family there to welcome her home, no mother to hug her and say how proud she was of how hard Dee worked.

Just an empty, dark, cold house.

She left her bag by the door, kicking off her shoes with it and making her way to the kitchen, flipping lights on as she went. She pulled open the cabinet, pulling down a half empty jar of peanut butter and grabbing a spoon before she went and sat down at the table. She unlocked her phone, ignoring the now 58 messages she had from the group chat, scrolling through her contacts until she found her mother's contact name.

She clicked on it, holding her phone to her ear with one hand and spooning peanut butter into her mouth with the other.

"Hello?"

"Hi momma," Dee said hopefully, her chest tightening, "I just wanted to let you know I got home from filming tonight"

"Okay," he mother said quickly, and Dee could hear the noises of a party they were probably at. Sophisticated talk and clinking of champagne glasses.

"Are you guys going to be home by Christmas?"

"I don't think so"

"Can," Dee paused for a minute as her chest tightened even more and she felt her voice cracking, "Are you sure? I miss you a lo-"

"Dee, I'm in the middle of an important party," her mother snapped, "We won't be home, I already told you. Goodbye"

The line went dead.

She slowly pulled the phone away from her ear, looking down at the screen as tears dripped from her cheeks down onto the table.

She stood up as she began scrolling through her contacts again, her finger shakily pressing Bill's contact.

She let out a loud sob as it immediately went to voicemail. She tried again, and it did it again.

She called again, pacing to the front door as sitting on the ground by her shoes, holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder as she pulled her sneakers back on,

"Leave a message after the tone"

"Uh hi Bill, it's Dee. I think your phones dead, but I can't be in this house right now. I cant do it," she cut herself off with a loud sob that wracked her body, making her phone slip from her shoulder. She hurriedly picked it up again, "So I'm gonna ride my bike to your house, okay? I need some air anyway and it's not that long. I'm just leaving a message incase you get home and see that I've been calling you, you know. Love you, I'll see you in a minute"

She grabbed her backpack full of her chargers and laptop and important stuff, going back out her front door and to her garage. She quickly pressed the button, still sobbing and shaking as she waited for the door to open and pulled out her bike, pressing the button to close the door again.

She could feel her phone vibrating in her pocket, so she pulled it out again, hoping to see Bill was calling her, but it was just the group chat messaging her non stop.

It was all of them, worried about her. Worried about how she hadn't texted them to say she was alright yet.

She quickly typed out a message before she shoved her phone back into her pocket and started down her driveway on her bike.

|

IMESSAGE
DEE COMES HOME TODAY!!!!

finn
deeeeeee????

sophia
deee

jack
message us were worried

chosen
DEEEEEEEE
HAVE U LANDED YET
ARE U OK

jaeden
dee
dee
deee
henlo
are you okay

dee
i'm fine
i'll message you guys in a little bit i'm busy rn
i love you guys
so much