Chapter 1

The midnight blue skyline folded itself into the creases of the golden sunset like a child nestled in its mother's arms. Thousands upon thousands of sparkling stars dotted the night sky above the french valley. A faint murmur of windpipes echoed into the valley from the nearby forest. The melodies slowly waned in pitch and volume like the waxy moon above. Tired of linking the sparkling constellations together, my heavy eyes blinked slowly. Opening them again was a struggle.

But when I did, I was glad I did so. Ezra's wide gleaming eyes beat down waves of warmth and I felt myself slowly sinking into the deep blue hues. Enchanted, I couldn't bare to look away.

Slowly he tucked his hand under my arched back and pulled me up and up and up. Suddenly my tired arms felt like revitalised phoenix feathers and I watched helplessly as they drifted up and curled themselves around his neck.

Immediate feelings of warmth flooded my body as his lips grazed mine and I forgot all about the cold, cold night surrounding us. Soon they proceeded to gently caress my face before they settled back down for a tender passionate kiss. Tugging at my bottom lip, his rosy lips seemed overwhelmingly soft. Ripples of humanity cascaded down my body and I prayed the velvety taste in my mouth would never cease.

Together, we slowly faded into the dark of the valley.

To be continued...