I Felt Nothing.

I ambled through the streets; my sparkly heels had been traded in for heavy, black boots. The soft leather felt reassuring against my clammy skin. I welcome the raw air surrounding me, and slowly let out a shaky breath.
                     This was real. I clenched my fists, finally,  after years of planning and enduring, I would soon be free. Free of this burden that had crippled my life. Soon, I told myself.Just a few more minutes.
                     I looked up at the apartment in front of me. It was a deep maroon but had clearly dulled over time. Deep scratches had been grooved into the door. I took out a knife and brought it to the wood. 'LIAR', I smirked. He had promised. He had looked me in the eye and swore he would protect me. But that was just another empty promise.
                        After he left, my father's problems only got worst. He drank every night  and soon all I could see beneath me where smashed bottles and broken dreams. Night after night, I watched as my father gambled away all our savings. Until all that was left of my life before was a crumbling house that I could no longer call my own.Broken. I was a broken shell of who I once was. No longer a carefree girl who smiled freely, and laughed. I was a void of all emotion except pure hatred and despair.
                           And all because of him.
I reached under the flower pot and chuckled to myself. How ironic. William was always so big on security when he was younger. It is strange how much times change.
                               Trembling, I reached my hands up to the door in front of me, and pushed the key into the lock. The door slipped open, and I padded into his apartment. It was rather large, and was obvious he was very well off financially.
                   I turned a corner, leading out of the narrow hallway and into the large main room where he'd  sleep. I felt my breath catch in the back of my throat. There he was, sitting in a cream armchair, like leaving us was the best decision he ever made. He was engrossed in the book before him.
                           Tick-tock, tick-tock. The ticking of the clock in time with my drumming.
                            Silence.Deafening silence. All of a sudden, I felt the memories consume me,flooding through me, like I was a vessel. I let out a sob and tried to muffle it. Remorse fell on his face as he saw the mask drop.
                           Trying to swallow my nerves, I slipped my hand into the pocket of my jacket and brought out the gun. The metal was cool. I lifted the gun and matched his fearful look with the steely gaze of my own.

Bang.I watched the crimson blood flow out of him. I felt nothing.