Cazriel

Azriel POV:

I raised my fists, ready to strike the dummy. I had been training all morning, since dawn to clear my head. Training was a way to get into my emotions, and it was usually a way to be away from people. I loved my friends, but sometimes they were insufferable. Especially Cassian. The big brute was always making jokes, and being a little loud for my liking. But he was my brother, and we stuck together always. But I was not so sure now. Cassian had been acting very strange with me lately . He had looked at me with a gloomy expression, and sometimes I saw hunger on his face. When I asked what was wrong, he would go back to his annoying old self and tease me, but I knew something was wrong. He had no interest in bars and going home with random females. Rhysand hadn't noticed, due to his duties in the Night Court and Feyre. I had asked everyone, including Mor, and she had noticed too, but she had dismissed it as mood swings. I shook my head to clear my head and I stopped training and went to take a bath.

Cassian POV:

I watched Azriel go to the baths after his training. I sighed. How could I tell him I had feelings for him? He was my brother, and always had been, but recently I had grown little interest in everybody and more in Azriel. I saw things that I usually wouldn't have noticed like his eyes and how they sparkled, his lips, and his chest was filled with countless muscles that flexed whenever he fought or trained. It was hard to concentrate because of these thoughts, and Azriel knew me well enough to know there was something going on with me. I hoped I could stay low key until I had the right time to come clean. Thankfully the rest of the Inner circle was preoccupied with their own things. But then I saw him. Azriel. He was sitting inside with his shadows around him like a blanket and him looking worst than usual. I decided right then. I am going to tell him. I was going to make this male happy from now on. I couldn't see him like that anymore, so I walked over to him.

Azriel POV:

My shadows were wrapped around me while I was sitting on a rock, thinking about everything. Just then, I saw Cassian coming over to me, a odd look on his face as he was walking. He stopped in front of me and instead of his usual smirking, he just nervously stared at me.

"Can we talk?" he said, surprising me. Cassian was never the one to ask to talk. So I said yes and he sat by me, sunning his wings.

"I want to tell you why I have been acting off. I... didn't know what came over me at first, because I had no interest in anything anymore, and I was panicking. But I started looking at you and I knew what had happened. I-I have feelings for you. I knew that when we were training that one day, I looked at you and I just knew it. I loved you. So that's my explanation." Cassian turned away from me and put his head in his lap.

I shook my head, trying to process what had happened. He loved ME? I always thought no one would ever love me, more than a friendly way, but it turned out, someone truly did. It was Cassian the whole time. Cassian was who I loved and he loved me back.

I went over to Cassian, and lifted his chin. "I love you too, Cassian. It has always been you, and always will be. You helped me realize that fact."

Cassian smiled, and hugged me, saying "It's always been you."

I hugged him and said, "Always."