vingt quatre

GOLDEN DAYS─CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

━━━━

          "You don't have to do that, you know

          "You don't have to do that, you know." Alyona commented, referring to the argument they had earlier as she threw her phone to the side.

          It was a week after they –well mostly Channing, Bob and Adelaide– lashed out on Froy for bringing her to Dylan Sprayberry's house without telling them first, but she still couldn't over with it. Alyona had sent Froy a bunch of messages containing apologies for their actions, but still she felt like she was a hostage of her own family and friends who wasn't allowed her to do anything. She didn't hate them–just disappointed that they didn't let her have the life she longed for.

          After all this time, they still didn't trust her completely to do the activities she usually did. And it made her very dejected because she just wanted to feel normal–to feel healthy. And Froy gave it all to her.

          Of all people, Alyona only allowed Tom to visit her and he had been staying for a good three days because he obviously didn't want to leave his best friend, especially in a state of forlorn. It was unexpected that they were acting that far for the sake of Alyona's health. Yeah of course, her health was number one priority, but she also needed a diversion, fun and a healthy friend. And observing that Alyona had the widest smile on her lips when re-counted him about their trip, Tom could imagine that Froy was the right person to be her last friend.

          "They know that you need everything he gave you that night." Tom responded. "You need a distraction before, you know, before it's too late."

          Alyona weakly smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. "It's still not confirmed, Tom. You don't need to worry."

          "Have you, uh – Have you told Froy?" He questioned, exhaling a shaky breath. It was a touché subject and even though it had been three years since the information was said to them, he still hadn't accepted the bitter reality.

          "No." Alyona answered. "I'm not sure if I can tell him about it."

          "Well, you have to tell him, Lon. He deserves to know," Tom suggested as he stroked her hair. "Especially since you're going to spend a lot of time with him."

          She frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

          "Is that not obvious enough to you yet?" Tom asked, laughing a bit. "It's obvious that you two gonna be more than just friends."

          Alyona snorted and whacked his chest playfully. "You know the drill, dumbass. We've talked about this before."

          "It's worth a try, isn't it?" He grinned. "There's a quote saying the best kind of love is with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. In your case of course it goes with the second one."

          "Asshole." Alyona mumbled, hiding her face so he didn't see her flustered cheeks. "It's not love if one of us will end up hurting the healthy one."

          Tom rolled his eyes. "Have a little faith, will ya?"

          "I stopped having faith since I was diagnosed." She stuck out her tongue and stood up to grab another gummy bears.

          Honestly, Alyona was lying. Her faith slowly grew back when she met Froy. But, surely she wouldn't tell anyone, not until she truly knew the outcome for her and also her true feelings towards him. It was still too early to say she had an interest in him because she was still stalled in the statement that she wasn't able to handle a relationship. Or so she thought.

          "You wanna know a fun fact, Al?" Tom questioned, grinning like an idiot. "I know it when you lie."

━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE; brotp alert brotp alert☺️👌🏻