Chapter One

"Peter."

Aunt May was standing across the room, staring at her nephew, but Peter was so entranced with the TV that he hadn't noticed her calling him.

"Peter!"

The teen jumped with a start at the sudden scream.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, facing his aunt.

May smiled and shook her head. "Nothing's wrong. I was just trying to get your attention, but apparently that TV show is more important than what I have to say."

Peter smirked. "Nothing's more important than you May."

"I hope you mean that." She said, while crossing the room to grab her purse off the coffee table.

"Are you going somewhere?" Peter asked.

"Yes, actually that's why I was trying to get your attention earlier. I have a dentist appointment in an hour. I'm going to head out now though, and I'm probably going to grab some groceries after. Anything particular you want me to pick up for dinner tonight?"

"Hmmm... Spaghetti sounds great. Oh! And maybe you can pick up some garlic bread too?" Peter got a little too excited at the thought of food, and Aunt May laughed.

"Sure thing. I'll see you later, honey. I larb you."

"And I larb you too, May."

Peter watched as the woman turned to leave, shutting the door behind her.

It was only a matter of minutes after his Aunt left the small apartment, when Peter heard a loud crash from outside.

"What the fuc-"He said running towards the window, facing the street outside. What he saw caused him to swallow back shock. There was a three car pile-up, caused by something that Peter could not see. Smoke and dust made its way into the air.

"Holy shit." It only took Peter a second to run to his room and pull on his Spider-Man suit. He had to offer his assistance in any way possible, even if the damage was already done. He quickly jumped out his bedroom window and swung his way down the fire-escape, running towards the site of the accident.

He noticed a cop starting to move civilians out of the way, and walked up to the man.

"Hey! Anything you need me to do?"

The cop stared back in shock at Peter. "Y-you're Spider-Man."

"Yeah dude, it's me. But seriously, can I do anything?"

The cop blinked twice before stammering. "Uh... No, I think everything's fine... Except for the woman that was hit. Paramedics are on their way though."

"A woman was hit?"

"Yeah, she was hit while trying to cross the street. It looks pretty bad."

"I'm gonna go check it out." Peter said, already making his way over. And what he saw made him stop dead in his tracks.

The brown-haired woman was sprawled on the cement. Her arms and legs twisted at awkward angles. Blood was pouring out of her head and onto the street. There were clearly no signs of life, this woman was clearly dead. There was nothing that could be done for that woman.

That woman was May Parker.

Peter wanted to run to her, and hold her and tell her that everything was going to be fine, except he couldn't. Because he wasn't Peter right now, he was Spider-Man and Spider-Man couldn't react like that. So instead of running to his aunt, Peter ran back up to his apartment, tearing off his mask and falling to his knees. He couldn't stop the tears from streaming down his cheeks. He wanted to go back downstairs, to see his aunt, but something inside him was freezing him to his spot on the ground. He couldn't move.