Hiyoko/Mondo Request Part 1(Hiyoko)

(Self-chosen prompt: What makes you unique?)

-You'd never been very confident, although you tried your best to be.

-You were sitting on the beach and staring at the waves, thinking about how many times a day you'd have negative thoughts about yourself and what you did.

-Always striving to try to do something everyday, you were often upset with yourself and how little you usually managed to get done.

-You always thought that your talent was nothing special, and of course, today was that day that a certain rude girl was going to try to convince you otherwise. Not that you knew that, though.

-Surprise struck you when she plopped down in the sand beside you, saying nothing as she chewed on a gummy bear.

-"What are you doing here?"

-Of course that was the first thing on your mind, but you almost immediately regretted spitting out the question. Your head snapped back to the water as you could feel the light glare. Funny, the glare was usually more intense.

-"Because I CAN be. Everyone else is busy, including Mahiru, and you're at least better company than the pig barf girl."

-You sigh at her usual insult towards Tsumiki, returning to your thoughts and trying to ignore the rustle of the plastic bag as Hiyoko continued to eat.

-It wasn't long before she interrupted the silence again.

-"What are you thinking about?" "I don't know, just stuff."

-"What kind of stuff?" "The kind of stuff I don't just normally talk to people about."

-"Well, I was just trying to figure out why you looked so upset, but fine then! Not like I care how you feel."

-Golly, that didn't make you feel any better.

-You sighed, shaking your head as you made up your mind.

-"I just... Do you ever feel like you're not really unique? Like, you don't belong with the diverse crowd of ultimates, that you're more suited to be just another plain face in the crowd?"

-There's just silence, and for a moment, you're scared that she's going to start mocking you, laughing at you, and leave you there feeling worse than before she came.

-So it's just another surprise when she leans against you a bit, closer than you remember her being.

-"Not unique, huh? That's a load of baloney, if I've ever heard one. Look, you aren't nearly as wonderful as Mahiru. No one can be as wonderful as Mahiru. But... You're not nearly as terrible as that pig barf girl, not by a long shot. And beauty? Uniqueness? All in the eye of the beholder. Just like with pictures or dancing, it's all dependent on who the viewer is and what they like or their beliefs are as to how much value something holds. You may not think you're unique, but that's just to you."

-Wow. Did she really just... Compliment you? In her own special Hiyoko way? The thought and her words bring a small smile to your face, though she can't see it. You feel the need to thank her, but before you can utter a word, she's speaking again.

-"But don't read too much into that! It'd just be a shame if you ended up killing yourself, and depression makes you an easy target for murder. Especially when you're spacing out on the beach with no one else around. Maybe you should stop thinking in such big, open spaces, like a weirdo."

-And with that, she's off. Probably to go see if Mahiru is done with whatever she was busy with. But either way, you don't care. Your day has just been brightened by the last person you would've ever expected to say something nice to you.