CHAPTER ONE: LETTER

PERFECTONE- LETTER"YOU'RE A TALENTED YOUNG LADY, AND YOU CAN'T LET THAT TALENT GO TO WASTE, EVER

PERFECT
ONE- LETTER
"YOU'RE A TALENTED YOUNG LADY, AND YOU CAN'T LET THAT TALENT GO TO WASTE, EVER."

A PAIR OF HEADPHONES were blocking out the sound of everything in the real world. The only thing that could be heard was the newest tablature that had been created by the sixteen year old guitarist, Lauren Adams. Her 3-colour Sunburst American Special Fender Stratocaster HSS resting on her lap, with the guitar chord plugged into the pick up of guitar and into the Mac computer.

The special mixing desk was currently running on the Mac, as she sat in front of the screen, editing the latest tablature she had created. It was probably one of her bests so far, and she was in love with it. However, there were a few things she needed to touch up to make it better than the "original" one that she had created.

The sound of the sliding door opening was oblivious to Lauren, due to obvious reasons. Something rubbing against her leg had caught her attention, and she glanced at her feet for a few seconds. There, she found Bucky, her eight year old cat, rubbing at her leg, and it made her smile.

"Hi Buck," she greeted, managing to pick the cat up without knocking her guitar onto the ground.

She stroked the cat across the head, before placing him back down onto the ground beside her. She turned around in the chair, feeling another's presence in the room. There, sat on the couch by the door, was her father, Daniel. He was looking around the room like he wasn't trying to draw attention to himself.

He was admiring the changes done to the room since he'd been away working. Due to being a army diesel mechanic, he was ordered to drive around Australia, fixing anything that was owned by the army, and he was away a lot. The trip he had just arrived back from was four months long, and a lot had changed to Lauren's room in that time.

Instead of the boring desk with the computer, and chair, the couch near the door, and the bed to the left wall. There was the couch by the door, with the mixing desk to the wall the right of that, with all Lauren's guitars hanging up on the wall the opposite of the couch. There was also the carpet that been added to the back half of the room, and the bed with small bedside table on the wall to the left of the couch. Lauren had built an open-like cupboard that was for all her amplifiers and guitar gear, that was placed on the wall beside the mixing desk.

It was a nice little set up. Daniel knew she had been planning this since before Christmas, however, it did take her a while to finally set it up. But that was with the help of her boyfriend, Jack Peterson, whenever he was around, and her two little siblings, Zeus and Athena. In the end, it turned out like she had always wanted it to be.

"It's a nice little set up you got here, Laur," mentioned Daniel, smiling at the redecorated room.

Lauren smiled. "Thanks dad. How was the trip?"

"The usual boring, dirty trip," replied Daniel, with a bit of exaggeration.

Lauren chuckled, to which Daniel chuckled too. Swivelling around in her desk chair, Lauren faced the computer screen again, adding the smallest touch to her tablature, before saving it with a content smile. She was happy with it. Very happy with it.

"Whatcha got there?" asked Daniel, noticing the program she was using.

Lauren looked up at him as he stood by her side, glancing at the Mac screen. "It's Ableton Live. The music program I was telling you about last year. I finally convinced mum to let me buy it," Lauren chuckled.

"Was it worth it?" asked Daniel, knowing the expense of the program.

"Hell yeah it was. It's so much better than Garage Band." Lauren exclaimed. "I just finished this tab."

Pressing play on the tab, she let her father listen to it. A large smile was tugging at his lips. Lauren had removed herself from the chair she had been sitting in, only for her to remove the guitar chord from her Fender guitar.

She walked over to the wall and hung the guitar back up, before placing the rolled up guitar chord on the hook that was hanging up beside the amp cupboard. She made her way back over to her father, who pulled the headphones from around his ears to talk to her.

"Lauren, this is amazing," commented Daniel, smiling widely at his daughter.

"It's great. I know," sassed Lauren.

Daniel sent her a look, causing her to let out a small fit of laughter. Daniel started laughing at her also, before he pulled her into a tight hug. Lauren grinned, wrapping her arms around her father tightly. It'd been a long time since she had seen him last.

"I've got a letter for you. Found it in the mail before," mentioned Daniel.

Retracting himself from the hug, he grabbed the letter that was resting on the couch, and handed it to his daughter. He then gave her a kiss, and bid her goodnight, before leaving the room and closing the door after himself.

Lauren sat herself on the couch, opening the letter that she had been handed. Unfolding the paper, she let her eyes scan over the typed letter that was addressed to her.

"Dear Lauren Adams,
I wanted to start of this letter by telling you how proud and amazed I am at the way you have grown as a guitarist. I've been a subscriber to your YouTube Channel since your first video back in 2013, and you have improved so well in the past few years.

I know what's on your bucket list, and I know that travelling the world whilst playing your guitar is in the top three. I am here to make that dream become a reality, because I would like you to join my "client" and friend, Shawn Mendes, on his World Tour later this year.

I know that you're from Australia, and the struggles that come with being across the other side of the world. However, that is all covered. I have already spoken to your parents, and they agreed the minute I asked.

But the question is, do you want to tour the world with Shawn Mendes? Because you're a talented young lady, and you can't let that talent go to waste, ever.

Sincerely,
Andrew Gertler, Artist Manager - Island Records
PS: all you need to do is pack your bags, and get your ass to New York. I'll see you then :)
PPS: your parents have all the info"

Lauren almost squealed in excitement when she had finished reading the letter. She would be able to finally fulfill her dream of touring the world. There was nothing more exciting than having a dream of your own come true.

The blonde ran around for the next hours, finding clothes to pack for the trip. She grabbed all her bathroom necessities and packed them, before taking her two favourite guitars from the wall, which were her only guitars.

After packing, the blonde found herself collapsing onto the bed from exhaustion. She plugged her phone into the charger, before she found herself falling asleep within seconds. The only thought in her mind was, the fact that she did it. She was finally travelling the world with her guitar.

[EDITED AS OF; 11.1.18]