Sincerely, Lost pt. 1

SNAP!

It all happened. Oh, it all happened so fast. As fast as a snap of the fingers. Its now 70 years since the extinction of the human race. I like to consider myself immortal. I've been alive for a long time. I feel old.

My name is Lilyanna. Most people called me Lil even though I hated it. But its so lonely now. I miss their stupid faces. Their goofy mouths splattering unseen syliva as they spoke. 

"Leel!" 

That was how they'd pronounce it. I miss rolling my eyes at them. I miss saying "Its LiLYANNA," it sounding like a hiss. So I've decided to call myself Lil. 

I've hated everyone since birth. Well, not everyone. Grandma Cassidy and Twizzler don't count. 

They're special.  

Like me. 

This might be a little confusing to you. So I'll start from the beginning.

John and Mary Zanos went hiking in some mountain/forest in 1998 and brought their baby. Lilyanna Liebe Zanos. 

Me. 

I was real tiny, not able to walk, talk or eat by myself. An unseen snowstorm hit. 3 feet of snow caked the mountain like frosting. A mother grizzly was returning to her den where her cubs were waiting patiently when she spotted us.  

We never could see the den under all that snow. 

The bear attacked, leaping towards my father. He fell, grabbing at the Bear's arms. My mother threw me aside and I landed in a soft lump of snow. The bear ran towards me, getting one swipe in before my parent's tackled it. 

I wore myself out crying so much that I fell asleep. When I woke up, I was warm and something was carrying me. I figured it was my mom but she was a few feet away, eyes glazed, caked in blood, her face frozen in a silent scream with her arm reaching out towards me. 

I was only a little baby who didn't know much so, like an idiot, I fell asleep again. When I woke up, I was in a cave. A furry, long nosed face popped into view.  

A wolf. 

I lived with wolves for the first 3 1/2 years of my life. Then, when my canine sister Star and I were playing tag, a group of researchers stumbled upon our cave.  

The story went world wide. I was whisked away, tested, given shots that made my body feel like it was simmering on the sun and best of all, I met Grandma Cassidy. 

Grandma Cassidy became my legal guardian. She was just what I needed after all this trauma. By the time I had to go to Kindergarten, I spoke English as well as a 1 year old.  

My first day of school, all I did was pee on the alphabet carpet, growl at the teacher and get on my forearms and wiggle my rump in the air. 

Suzanne River thought I was nice. I liked Suzanne River. She reminded me of Star. 

After about 20 school changes, when I was in 3rd grade, I got called to the Principal's Office. 

When I got there, they called me right in. 

"What wrong?" I said, my voice trailing to a whimper. My communicating skills were improving. 

"Your grandmother has had a heart attack, Lilyanna. She died. I'm sorry." Mr. Fuller, the principal, said softly. His dark brown eyes we filled with sorrow and his eyebrows were bent so that they made obese U's. 

The whole office had to drag me out of the supple closet while I kicked, bawled and howled. 

I had to go live with an aunt I'd never met. Aunt Rita. 

I loathed her from the start.

She was from New York City. Aunt Rita had long ruby fingernails. I called them claws. She always sounded as if she had toiled paper wadded up inside her nose. She didn't like me either. 

When I peed in her living room, she sprayed me with a water gun and said, "Bad dog!" 

She was stupid. 

But Aunt Rita was smart enough to buy me a puppy.  

The puppy had long fur that looked all swirled up like candy. I asked Aunt Rita what candy was her favorite and she said could go for a Twizzler. So, I named the puppy Twizzler and gave it treats when it pooped on Aunt Rita's couch..  

As Twizzler and I grew up together, we cause mayhem for Aunt Rita. Eventually, she snapped. She whirled around, throwing everything in arms reach. Twizzler grabbed my sleve and towed me away, dragging me to my room for safety. We hid for what seemed like an eternity, huddled close and praying Aunt Rita didn't break down the door. 

The cops drew a blank, unable to come up with a guardian. Thus, we were tossed from foster home to foster home as a disease began to rise up from what seemed like no where.. To everyone, the disease was a frightening event happening somewhere else.. 

But it was much, much more than that. 

The disease would "sneak up" on the victim and spread so quick, the person would be killed off in a matter of days.  

This was something that couldn't be stopped. 

And no one knew until it was too late.

////

Authors Note:

I wrote this in fifth grade, so don't take it that seriously. If you want to read something more current, check out my profile. Thanks. xx