01. Asleep

Jess POV

"Ms.."

"Ms. Co...?"

"Ms. Conte? Are you asleep during my class?" A vaguely voice started to be clear. The whole class turned out to me.

"Bear, Wake up!" A boy woke me up from my nap."It's not the time for sleep, especially at Ms. Gomver class." He added as he shook my entire body.

My eyes slowly opened and I saw Ms. Gomver stared at me. She was folding her hands, "And what pages are we at, Ms. Conte?"

I began to yawned and did some little stretching. The class might think its funny, but nah I wasn't joking. "Hoamm.." My palm covered my mouth while I was yawning. "Um.. 52?"

"Woah, turns out you have been listening to me after all, I'm impressed." She said proud. Woah, I mean like I don't give a shit just let me sleep. And just the right time, the bell rang. The whole class were excited and made noisy sound.

"Allright class, don't forget we'll have test next week from page 65-70." She informed, even though the class weren't that care. "And as for Ms. Conte, it means detention for you."

Students were scattered through the class door led by Ms. Gomver. I still sat there, sighing can't wait for more detentions. I started to rubbed my forehead as slowly a soft palm patted my shoulder from the back.

"Yo, Bear. 'Sup with you these days?" His face looked worried and took a seat in front of me. "Gurl, you've been asleep for like, every class".

"I don't know.... I just...". Words stopped there. I felt shy for a reason why I kept falling asleep during classes.

"Mm-hm?" He folded both arms and lifted up his chin. "Well... I was surfing the net couple weeks ago. And this dude caught my attention. His face omg, I totally fall for him. And I heard his group will perform to our state soon enough. So I decided to do some part-time job and got a little exhausted." I told and ended with a wide smile.

He stared at me long enough with the you-kidding-me-bruh. But then he quickly changed the topic, "Don't care and let's go have lunch, I'm dying here." He set an starve-to-death expression while putting his palm on his tummy.

"Good thing that you're my friend, y'know. If not, I wouldn't know where to put your dead body. Hahaha!" I joked sarcastically at both my joke and his reaction.

"Yea... Good thing..." He added with a tiny forced smirk.

~~~

"Sup', my bitch." I gave a high-five to a neighbour dog. "Oops too slow...". It barked at me fiercely behind the bars. "BITCH!!" I laughed myself out walking pass the house.

"You shouldn't do that, you know. It has a feeling." Brent told me, as if he knew the dog's feeling.

"Well, it is a bitch. Ain't gonna lie and that's a fact so why not?" Again, I laughed.

"You know, I think I do know what he was barking about. It says you're a bad bitch." And this time he laughed with a big smile as a closing. We laughed and walked down to home.

I waved at Brent as soon as we reached my home. "Bye!" He shouted as he waved and ran to his house across.

As I arrived at the main door, I entered the living room and threw myself out to the couch. I checked my phone for any messages and ended up at the fan page. It wasn't long enough, till I heard a loud crash came from the kitchen.

The sound took my attention and led me to the kitchen, I saw there my ex were drunk and kept throwing glasses off the shelves.

"Hey! Stop it!" I screamed. He stopped and stared at me. "Jess... You know that I love you and I really miss you. I can't live without you." He held a wine bottle and was about to hit it onto the floor. Then his body went staggered and made me ran towards him and quickly took the bottle on the table.

It had been 2 months since our last break up. I couldn't stand him being so overprotective of me, and it's not uncommon getting a hit in the face. I know he loved me and so do I, but the way he treated me won't do the trick. So I made a final decision to end this relationship.

In a sudden, Brent ran into the kitchen with a shock face. Took a stare at me and ended at him. His face looked furious when he saw my drunk ex. "How'd you get in here?" I asked with a surprise look.

"Does it matter now? The matter that you should be worried about is yourself. How this shit would do harm to you without anyone knowing? And how bad you would be injured if I didn't hear the crashing sound?" Brent's face went red and hit my ex's face again and again.

"Stop! No! Don't hit him, Brent!" I tried to stop him. "I don't want any more trouble. If you care about me, you should take him out."

His palm were softened and left with a big sigh. "I swear if anything happens to you, I.. I..". He went out pulling my ex outside.

I tried making myself relax in the living room and surfed some channels. Not long enough, a door creaked open and Brent came throwing himself out on the couch beside me. He took deep breaths and his eyes still stared sharply straight ahead.

"Thank you. Again." I said not looking at him. We sat together on the couch all night, decided not to talk about it anymore.