11 - Skulls in my closet

Sunday:

[Coldplay - The Scientist playing in the background]

"How are you feeling?" I Asked Alex through the phone.

"I'm alright. When can I see you? I miss you." He replied. I was laying on my bed on my back, staring at the wall in my black jean shorts from hot topic and my pierce the veil shirt. It was two sizes too big.

"Soon." I replied.

"You never told me why you were in the hospital."

"Stress." I made it up. I couldn't let him know anything that happened and I sure as hell won't let him see these stiches. "Have you talked to Megan?"

"Why would I talk to Megan?"

"I don't know. I feel bad."

"Jenna. I didn't leave her for you."

"You didnt?"

"No I left her because she was cheating on me."

I felt a sense of relief but still some guilt.

"I'm going to call her."

"What? why?" He sounded angry but still sort of calm.

"It doesn't matter why." I said then hung up. Even though she can be a cynical bitch she was always there for me. Besides I had to apologize for what happened at the hospital before.

"What?" Megan answered in her usual "I'm still fucking pissed." tone.

"I just called to-"

"To what? To rub in the fact that your life is finally better? To show off? or to piss and moan because Jacob broke up with you?"

"None of those." I sighed. "I called to apologize."

"For what?"

"For everything. I'm sorry."

"Jacob called me yesterday." She said bluntly.

"Okay?"

"He told me everything! So your fake ass can go to hell! Your alone just like you wanted to be! You pushed everyone away! happy now? Just go find someone else to screw over!"

The line went dead. You stupid little whore.

I heard the front door open so I got up to see who it was. My dad.

"Hey dad." I said softly, trying to hold in my tears.

"Hey Jenna. How are you?"

Pregnant .... I thought to myself. I sat on the couch quietly.

"Okay." He said in a nervous tone then sat next to me. "Is everything alright?"

"No!" I cried. Tears just started pouring out of my eyes. I lost control of them.

"What wrong?" He instantly scooted closer over to me and started rubbing my back.

"Dad, I'm sorry." I cried more and more. "It was a mistake. I should've known better!"

He looked at me worried and confused. So was I...

"I'm. Im pregnant." I choked on the words. "I'm sorry." I cried more.

"It's okay. Listen. I'm not mad okay? I'll be here for you." He held me. He didn't even ask who's baby it was. I didn't even know. It could be Jacobs. I need to find out soon. If it is I'm not keeping it. No way!!

"Can you call the doctor? I want to ask a few questions. Just. Just ask if I can come in today. If not.. Tomorrow."

"Okay." He said softly then got up to do so. I love my dad. I wish we could spend time together like we used to, but ever since mom died he's been working 2 jobs to keep this house together for the two of us.

-

"Why don't you come over?" Alex asked through the phone. I was laying on my bed again.

"I think my dad needs help with some stuff today. But it might've been tomorrow. hold on let me ask." I put my phone down and went downstairs.

"Dad. What did she say?" I said anxiously.

"She can't get you in until Thursday at 1:00."

"Oh my god." I gnarled. "Okay." I went back upstairs and picked my phone back up.

"Nope it's not until Thursday. I'll be there in an hour." I hung up and brushed my hair out. I applied some makeup then went downstairs to eat. After I ate I brushed my teeth and told my dad where I was going then left.

When I got to his house I stood nervously by his front door. I was about to "postpone" out marriage.

"Oh. It's you." Diane said bluntly. I assume she found out about Jacob and I... she just walked away with the door open so I let myself in and went straight to Alexander's room.

"Hey."I said nervously. He got up from his bed and kissed me. Soft and slow.

"We need to talk." I said softly. He just sat down and looked at me with a worried yet sorrow look in his eyes. Like an innocent puppy.

"We need to put our marriage on hold."

"You don't want to marry me?" He said softly. His words filled with fear.

"I do! I just think it would be best to wait."

"I don't want to wait."

"But I do." I said then sat next to him. I love him. I always have. But I'm sure if Megan found out she would do anything to break it off. She knows about the skeletons in my closet and if Alex found out he'd probably leave.

I've done so many horrible things with Jacob and even after.

"Then I'll wait." He said with a smile.

"Really?" I forced a smile back.

"Yes. Of course. Why rush it anyway? I love you and when your ready I'll be right here." He said then kissed my cheek.

-

Thursday -

"Hello Jennifer. How are you feeling?" Doctor Fae said in a sweet tone.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

"Your father said you had some questions to ask?" She confirmed as she sat down with her clip board.

"I have a bit of a situation." I said nervously. "I um. I was.. Well. uh. you see... I don't know. Who the father is.."

"Oh that's no problem we could tell you that once the baby is born." my eyes widened. Holy fucking shit...

"But if you want to know because it will influence your choice on having the baby we can try. It'll be difficult."

"How pregnant am I? again."

"Almost three months." She smiled.

Three months ago..

(Flashbacks of Alex and her at the party.)

"Oh my god." I mumbled.

"So would you like us to do a blood test?"

"No." I jumped up. "See you next week." I grabbed my purse and speed walked to my car then drove home.

I don't know how to feel or what to do.

I know that this is Alexander's child inside of me. It has to be! Why was I so careless? I shouldn't have done anything so stupid after I missed the first month! How is Alex going to take this anyways? And what if this ends up being Jacobs baby? Alex would hate me forever! Having the baby of the man who tried to kill us... I'm such a fool.

Next chapter = 30 votes