Twilight Sparkle/The Prophacy of Daybreaker

*that evening in Canterlot*

*Twilight is walking but gets stopped by Twinkleshine, Minuette, and Lemon Hearts*

Twinkleshine: There you are, Twilight! Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?

Twilight Sparkle: *nervously grins* Oh, sorry, girls... I've got a lot of studying to catch up on.

Twinkleshine: [sigh] Does that pony do anything except study? I think she's more interested in books than friends.

*the three of them leave*

Twilight Sparkle: I know I've heard of the Elements of Harmony.

*at Twilight's house*

Spike: *carrying a present* *gets hit by the door as Twilight runs in* Ow!

Twilight Sparkle: Spike! Spi-ike! *sees him* Spike?

Spike: [groans in pain and the present is impelled in his tail]

Twilight Sparkle: There you are. Quick, find me that old copy of Predictions and Prophecies. *notices the present* *arches eyebrow* What's that for?

Spike: Well, it was a gift for Moon Dancer, but...

[a broken teddy bear falls out]

Twilight Sparkle: *looking for books* Oh Spike, you know we don't have time for that sort of thing.

Spike: But we're on a break!

Twilight Sparkle: *uses her magic to levitate books* No, no, no... no, no, no! [grunts] Spike!

Spike: *picks up the book* It's over here!

*Twilight levitates the book with Spike But Spike lands on the ground*

Twilight Sparkle: *looking through* Ah! Elements, Elements, E, E, E... Aha! Elements of Harmony, see: Mare in the Sun?

Spike: *putting books back* Mare in the Sun? But that's just an old ponies' tale.

Twilight Sparkle: *reads* Mare, mare... aha! *serious* The Mare in the Sun, myth from olden pony times. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria, defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the sun. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape, and she will bring about daytime eternal! [gasp] Spike! Do you know what this means?

Spike: No-- whoa! *falls but lands on Twilight's back*

Spike: *groans* Ow!

Twilight Sparkle: *haves him hop down* Take a note please, to the Princess.

Spike: *takes out a scroll and quill* Okie dokie.

Twilight Sparkle: *pacing* My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!

Spike: *stops* Hold on. Preci... preci...

Twilight Sparkle: *looks at him* Threshold.

Spike: *looks at her* Threh...

Twilight Sparkle: *concerned* Uh, brink?

Spike- *looks at her confused*

Twilight- *impatient* Ugh, that something really bad is about to happen! For you see, the mythical Mare in the Sun is in fact Daybreaker, and she's about to return to Equestria, and bring with her eternal day! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

Spike: *finishes* Twi... light Spar... kle. *smiles* Got it!

Twilight Sparkle: *proudly* Great! Send it.

Spike: *confused*Now?

Twilight Sparkle: *looks at him* Of course!

Spike: *concerned* Uh, I dunno, Twilight, Princess Luna's a little busy getting ready for the Winter Moon Festival. And it's like, the night after tomorrow.

Twilight Sparkle: *concerned* That's just it, Spike. The night after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Winter Moon Festival! It's imperative that the Princess is told right away!

Spike: *writing* Impera... impera...

Twilight Sparkle: *yells* Important!

Spike: *falls*Whoa!

Spike: Okay, okay! [inhales and breathes fire sending it] There, it's on its way. But I wouldn't hold your breath...

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, I'm not worried, Spike. The Princess trusts me completely. In all the years she's been my mentor she's never once doubted me.

Spike: [belches out a scroll]

Twilight Sparkle: *calmly* See? I knew she would want to take immediate action.

Spike: [clears throat and reads] My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely.

Twilight Sparkle: *nods* Mm-hm!

Spike: *continues* ...but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!

Twilight Sparkle: [gasp in shock]