Chapter 1: Married

"Do you, Annalise Guillotin take Mason to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, for as long as you both shall live?"

Anna sniffles, smiling at Mason.

"I do."

"And do you, Mason-"

The announcer cuts off when my seven month old lets out a loud coo, pointing at a bird flying over our heads.

She's sitting on my Mom's lap. I stand behind Mason as his best man and my wife stands behind Annalise as her matron of honor.

I can hear my Mom shushing her. She sticks the pacifier back into her mouth and Noemie spits it out and coos again, squirming in my Mom's lap. When she can't get down, she starts screaming.

"I am so sorry." Odette whispers. Anna and Mason are laughing and I motion for Odette to stay and I walk across the aisle to Noemie.

"You have to be quiet." I say, picking her pacifier up and brushing it off. "Just a few more moments and then you can have me and Mama." I put the pacifier between her lips and then give her a toy.

"Daddy I get down?" Raylen whispers in his little boy voice. His whisper is really a whisper shout and I'm sure the whole wedding can hear.

"Soon." I say.

I walk back to the altar.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's okay." Mason laughs.

"Okay, lets see, where were we..." the announcer trails off. "Oh yes. Do you, Mason Oelson take Annalise as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Mason says.

"Then by the power vested in me in the state of Ohio, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Mason, you may kiss your bride."

Mason and Annalise start kissing and the crowd erupts in cheers. As I clap and grin and cheer, I catch Odeletta's eye and I swear my heart skips a beat. We have been dating since I was twenty three, and I'm twenty nine now. She's twenty eight. We have been together for six years and married for three, and that woman still has the power to make me stop in my tracks. She has the power to make me do whatever she wants, make me cry with a few words. She has powers over me. She is my heart and soul, the mother of my children. She's my best friend, my baby, mon amour, and the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her so much it hurts.

Just as Annalise and Mason pull apart, I see a small version of me slip out of his seat and book it down the aisle.

They chose a public park and there's a busy road very close to where we're standing.

And he's running straight for it. I hear people shrieking and a crippling fear takes over my body. I step off the altar to sprint after him, but my wife's voice sounds, sharp and strict as ever.

"Raylen Joseph-Ignance Reed, si vous ne faites pas demi-tour, je vous mettrai dans le temps pour le reste de la journée!" She says loudly. She said 'Raylen Joseph-Ignance Reed, if you do not turn around, I will put you in time out for the rest of the day!'