Cold Day

Ship requested by Darkiplier_Fangirl in my thing "pick a ship".

It was a rather colder than normal day today. Nobody questioned it. In fact, people were enjoying it. For the reason that the cold weather meant that snow was soon to come. And boy, people were sure excited.

Chum Chum had been absent this day, leaving Fanboy to be alone.

It was recess, giving the students a perfect opportunity to go and play outside with one another. Kyle, thinking he wouldn't need it, forgot a jacket on this cold day. He was clutching himself to try and keep warm. He was failing miserably.

Kyle watched his classmates run around gleefully. They were playing games such as tag, or hide and seek. Games he had no interest in.

He was sitting alone on a bench, shivering. The wind picked up then dropped. Then did it again and again. The sky was covered in a thick blanket of clouds. Kyle thought it might rain.

Another chill went up his spine, making him shiver violently for a short moment. Jeez. It seemed to get colder by the minute. Kyle clutched himself tighter, rubbing his hands against his biceps and shoulders.

"Hey, Kyle!"

A cheerful voice ripped Kyle from his deep thoughts. He looked up, and in front of him was Fanboy.

"How's it goin'?" Fanboy asked.

Kyle shrugged and all he responded with was a short and simple, "Cold."

Fanboy smiled and took a close seat beside Kyle. A little too close, actually. The two were basically pressed against each other. In all honesty though, Kyle didn't mind. It was warm. But he had some sort of dignity, so he scooted away. Fanboy noticed, but didn't mention it.

"How come you're sitting by yourself?" Fanboy questioned.

"B-Because. I wanted to be alone." Kyle answered.

Another swish of wind and he shivered once more.
Fanboy definitely noticed.

"You're shivering like crazy! Why don't you have a sweater?" Fanboy was already inching closer to Kyle.

"I d-didn't think it'd b-be this cold." Kyle said, trying to clutch himself tighter.

"Do you want my jacket? I can handle the cold for a while." Fanboy asked, unzipping the large jacket Kyle hadn't noticed him wearing.

"What? No! I d-don't need it!" Kyle protested, glaring at Fanboy. Fanboy paused.

"But you're freezing!" Fanboy said, unzipping the jacket all the way through.

Kyle shook his head.
"I said no." He said.

"What if we share it? Then it'll be extra warm!" Fanboy continued to pester the other as he opened the jacket up invitingly.

Kyle fought back the urge to just give in and cuddle up with Fanboy. To be warm. But it was Fanboy for Pete's sake! And people were around them!
Well, one thing's for sure, his face was warmer.

"We could go somewhere nobody could see us if that's a problem." Fanboy suggested with a kind smile.

Kyle wanted so badly to agree. He was freezing! Maybe they could... it wouldn't hurt...

"...Fine..." Kyle muttered.

Fanboy beamed. He stood up and held a hand out for Kyle. Kyle swatted it away and stood up on his own.

Fanboy shrugged and began leading Kyle to a desolate area outside the school.

Beside him, Kyle was having an internal argument with himself over this. One side desperately wanted the warmth and to just... snuggle up with Fanboy... because, y'know... he may or may not have a tiny crush on him.
Then the other side want to scram and bury himself alive. Gosh, this was so nerve-wracking.

"Here should be good." Fanboy said, sitting down on the grassy ground. His back against the school wall. They were away from the other students, sure, but it still felt weird.

Kyle's heart was racing as he kneeled down on both knees in front of Fanboy. The other boy only smiled at him. Then he realized.

"Oh! Uh.. how should we..?" Fanboy scratched his head in thought.
"You could, uhm..." Instantly Fanboy turned shy and awkward. A blush was noticeable on his cheeks as he fiddled with the jacket's zipper. Kyle was as unsure of what to do as he was.

"Do we just... uh.." Kyle tried to think of something. But couldn't.

"Y-You could, uh, s-sit... sit on my, uhm, lap..?" Fanboy pushed himself to say. Kyle blushed to his ears. Oh, why did he agree?

Kyle nodded and hesitantly crawled over and onto Fanboy. His legs lay on each side of Fanboy while he shyly sat in the boy's lap. His heart was racing. He didn't know at all of what to do in this moment, but thank the heavens Fanboy "probably" did.

Fanboy wrapped the jacket around Kyle and shakily zipped the jacket together.

"C-Can you, uh, y'know... g-get closer?" Fanboy asked.

Kyle obliged, pressing himself closer against the other. Once he did, Fanboy pulled the zipper up to encase them in the warm jacket. Already, Kyle felt warmer. He was still shaking, but that was for other reasons now. He still couldn't believe he did this.

"So uh, hehe, a-are you warm?" Fanboy asked. He shakily wrapped his arms around Kyle, while Kyle's hands were placed between their chests.

"Uhm. Yes... th-thank you." Kyle replied. His head lied on Fanboy's shoulder, and his eyes shut. Fanboy was rubbing his back almost... lovingly.

"No problem, Kyle." Fanboy chuckled.

Kyle's shivering stopped and he smiled, shifting to get more comfortable.

"Hey, Kyle?" Fanboy spoke, getting Kyle's attention.

"Hm?" Kyle answered.

"Could we maybe... do this again some time?"

Kyle's eyes opened and he watched leaves slide around the ground. It was like a dream.

He smiled wider.

"I'd like that." Kyle said.

And they sat like that comfortably for a few minutes longer before the bell to return to class rang. And they continued on their day.