eleven; again.

V E R O N I C A

Still in a deep bliss I call sleep, I was less than happy to be shaken awake.

Groaning, I pushed the hands shaking my body away and flipped to the other side, covering myself with my blanket.

Now, back to my dream...

Before I could fall back into my dreams, I was once again flipped over. This time, shaken even more forcefully.

"Wake up! You're late!"

Cracking an eye open, I squinted at the annoyed girl standing before me.

"What are you doing here, Meg? So early in the morning?"

"IT'S ALREADY EIGHT, DUMMY."

Eight? Wait. Classes start at 8.15.

"WHAT?" Sitting upright, I immediately got up, throwing the covers behind me.

Brushing past Meg, I hurried over to my bathroom, quickly washing up. Afterwards, I opened my closet and sighed in frustration at the messy pile on the floor.

I'll just clean it up later.

Digging through the pile, I flung clothing over clothing, trying to look for something decent for the first day back to school.

Finally, I put on a casual graphic shirt, black yoga pants and pulled on a pair of black combat boots.

Not bothering with my hair, I pulled it back into a messy bun.

Dashing out of my room, I raced towards the dinning table, grabbing the first edible thing I could see-an apple.

I took a bite out of it while taking my bag off the dining table, slinging it over my shoulder.

"Come on, Meg! We're late!"

Leaving out of the house, I unlocked my car, getting into it and starting it up. On instinct, I pulled it out of the driveway and went straight for the school...

...only for me to remember, halfway there, that I left Megan behind.

×÷×

"Look, I'm sorry, Meg! I just kind of forgot-"

"You forgot your best friend and left her running to school."

"It wasn't that much of a long run-"

"I took fifteen minutes to get here and when I went into class, panting, I see you, happily chatting away with Caleb."

I tried to argue back by my stubborn best friend refused to acknowledge me. For a right reason, too.

"Look, I'm sorry. Okay? How about I owe you? Two favours?"

She didn't speak for a minute before glaring at me. "Four favours. No less."

"Fine." I groaned. She was so going to get back at me. Counting in the favours I already owed her...I was dead.

"Now, let's go to lunch, shall we?" Beaming, Meg linked my arms into hers and skipped towards the lunchroom.

I sighed at her odd behavior.

Entering the crowded room, buzzing with talk, we took a seat at one of the corner tables, taking out or lunch.

Since day one, I learned it took forever to queue for your food so since then, I relied on food from home.