I don't want you here!

Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/1120828.

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:Choose Not To Use Archive WarningsCategory:GenFandom:NCIS: Los AngelesCharacter:Marty Deeks, Sam Hanna, G Callen, Nate Getz, Hetty LangeAdditional Tags:Emotional Hurt/Comfort, AngstStats:Published: 2014-01-05 Words: 5219I don't want you here!

by CALLEN37

Summary

When Callen said that to Deeks it set off a chain of events that led them into the secret life of the LAPD detective and changed their perspective of him. Rated T as it mentions the word rape, but nothing at all graphic. One Shot.

This has been Edited as of 6.01.14

"I don't want you here!"

He stood for a second in shock as his team leader; the man on the team who he had admired said those words.

"I don't want you here!" Callen said looking him straight in the face.

He had said something after that but admittedly Deeks hadn't been listening after that point.

Sam he had expected it from…Sam didn't trust him, he knew, ok, so he didn't really trust Sam that much, Sam was built like a brick outhouse and he knew what that kind of raw power could do to a person if it was unleashed wrongly. He had made it his mantra to stay out of arm's reach whenever Sam got mad.

He would laugh and joke around him hoping to diffuse any residual anger Sam was carrying where he could.

But Callen…Callen had a similar past to his, Callen should have known how much those words would hurt and yet he had said them anyway and by the look in his eyes he had meant them.

Deeks nodded once and walked to his desk. He finished up his day and went home.

Over the next few weeks he did his job, he realized he had problems he was moody and irritable, but as his father had always said only a baby whines when he hurts. So he sucked it up and quietly got on with his job.

He interacted with Callen and Sam with the same comedic timing they expected of him and smiled inwardly at himself, they had no idea.

Then he was hit by a curve-ball…Kensi.

Kensi loved him, she admitted it, and he let some of his walls down with her. They talked and he had kissed her and finally…finally, she was going to let him date her properly, he wrapped up the case and was on his way to meet her at the mission. Finally they were going to take it to the next step…

He sent her a text telling her he was on his way and hoped against hope that she hadn't changed her mind. He got out of the car and walked into the darkened mission, "Kenz?" he called.

The light was off over her desk and it was tidy. He sighed and gave a small laugh. She'd obviously got tired of waiting for him and had left. He turned to go and was confronted by Hetty who said the three small words that destroyed his world.

"She's been re-assigned."

He stood dumbstruck as Hetty told him that, he fought the anguish inside him and the disbelief, Hetty had pushed them to get together and when he was this close...so close he could touch it, it had been ripped away from him. The words 'story of my life' ran round his head.

He turned to leave and then Hetty added her final words "Button up Mr. Deeks, it's cold out there."

He looked stunned at her, was she firing him? She couldn't fire him, but taking away his partner probably meant he wasn't wanted at NCIS anymore and he knew exactly what to do when he wasn't wanted somewhere.