Ch. 7 Caspians Meeting

Caspians POV

Everywhere around me, Narnians are shouting, calling me a Telmarine and asking if they could kill me. Out of the crowd I hear the voice of Nikabrik.

"All this horn proves is they've stolen yet another thing from us!"

"My sister and I didn't steal anything."

"Didn't steal anything?" One of the Minitours speaks up, holding his axe at the ready. "Shall we list the things the Telmarines have taken?"

"Our homes."

"Our lands!"

"Our freedom!"

"Our lives."

I turn around in a full circle seeing the Narnians blame my ancestors for their loses. "You would hold my sister and I accountable for all the crimes of my people?"

"Accountable... and punishable," Nikabrik states, walking towards me. Before I can reply Reepicheep speaks up.

"Ha! That is rich coming from you, dwarf." The mouse walks over to Nikabrik pointing his sword at him. "Or have you forgotten it was your people who fought alongside the White Witch?"

"And I'd gladly do it again, if it would rid us of these barbarians." His voice is harsh.

"Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back." I turn around to face Trufflehunter, the noble badger. "Or are you suggesting that we ask this boy to go against Aslan now?" With those words spoken, every creature around me erupts in chaos. There is yelling, screaming and roaring all before me. "Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well... that Narnia was never right, except when a Son of Adam was king." Trufflehunter looks up to me, grinning a little.

"He's a Telmarine! Why would we want him as our king?" Nikabrik protests.

"Because I can help you, as well as my sister. Beyond these woods, I'm a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully Terrain's and mine!" I turn around in a circle to speak to all of the Narnians equally, "Help me claim it, and we can bring peace between us."

One of the centaurs speaks up. "It is true. The time is ripe. I watch the skies... for it is mine to watch as it is yours, badger to remember. Tarva, the lord of victory, and Alambil, the lady of peace, have come together in the high heavens." He looks me straight in the eyes, "Now here, a Sono of Adam has come forth... to offer us back our freedom."

Everyone begins to chatter amongst themselves, and a squirrel asks if peace is possible. "Two days ago, I didn't believe in the existence of talking animals... or dwarves... or centaurs. Yet here you are in strength and numbers that we Telmarines could have never imagined. Whether the horn my sister blew is magic or not, it brought us together. And together, we have a chance to take back what is ours."

"If you will lead us, then my sons and I... offer you our swords." Every Narnian around me, including the smaller few, raise their swords high above their heads, in service of my sister and I.

"And we offer you our lives, unreservedly," Reepicheep states, bowing.

Badger or Trufflehunter comes up to me, "Miraz's army will not be far behind us, sire."

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons. I'm sure they will be here soon."