|| Intro ||

15 Year Ago - The Dark Periphery

It was someone late, and many of the shadow clan were heading to bed when they heard the roar of a mecha beast engine, far too close for anyone's liking. The leader sent a few scouts out to investigate and make sure it was nothing too dangerous. The scouts walked around a wall to the outside and the mecha beast engine started again, this time fading into the distance.

The scouts walked in, one of them carrying a small figure in a blue blanket decorated in mushrooms. It was surprisingly quiet, and many of the clan decided be as silent as possible. The leader took the baby into his arms and noticed it was asleep. He then, as quietly as possible, spoke to those around him.

"I recognize the potential in this one. We will keep them and train them in our ways. They will help enforce the law in Slugterra alongside the Shane. Will someone take them in and keep them safe."

One woman rose her hand and offered to take care of the child. The leader gave her the child and everyone dispersed, heading back to their homes for the night or going out to visit some of the wild slugs now that many slugterrans were going to bed.

The woman walked back to her house and placed the child in the empty crib in her house. She wanted to have a child, but it never worked out. She still kept the crib, just in case something ever happened. As she was tucking the sleeping child in, the blanket it was wrapped in unfolded and a name was printed on the corner, sewn in purple ink.

Eden

---

10 Years Ago - The Dark Periphery

A little girl, dressed in dark leggings and a blue shirt, was playing around in front of her house with some slugs. One slug in particular seemed to share a special bond with the girl, a frostcrawler that had claimed it's place on her shoulder. The little girl looked at the slug, taking it into her hands and holding it in front of her face, almost inspecting it like a scientist would.

"You're cute and funny. I'm going to name you Frostfire. You're my favorite slug." The girl spoke in an odd, hissing language, not normal to that of a human. Her "mother" watched her from afar, slowly realizing that she would not be able to keep the child for much longer. She walked up to the girl, picking her up and bringing her to the leader. The girl held onto her mom, slightly confused on why she was being carried away from her house. Soon she was put down and watched as her mom walked up to the leader of the shadow clan, the others surrounding him walking away to carry out other duties.

"These past 5 years have been amazing, but we can't keep her here anymore. She doesn't know how to speak their language or any of their customs, which is unhealthy for her. I know we wanted to keep her here and train her in our ways, but we must send her away. I believe we should give her to Will Shane. He can train her in his ways, and she can still help keep the peace in Slugterra." The leader pondered this for a minute, before responding to the woman's idea.

"Sadly, you are correct. I have realized this as well and think it's time for her to leave us. I will send for the Shane and bring him here. Please go and collect her things, he will be here soon." The woman nodded and walked away to pick up her daughter. The little girl was once again playing with her slugs, and followed when her mother called her over. She was lifted off the ground and taken back home, sitting on her bed while her mom began to pack her things.

"Mother, why are you taking all my clothes and putting them in a bag? Am I going somewhere?" Her mother froze for one second, and proceeded to turn around and put her hands on her daughter's knees.

"My dear, I cannot take care of you anymore. You are not one of us, and you must be taught the ways of your people. I am giving you to a friend of the clan who will take care of you and teach you your ways. You can visit, but you cannot live with me anymore. I am sorry my girl." The little girl, started to cry, realizing her mother was giving her up. Her mother held her for a few minutes before the tears stopped and the girl's sound started to die down. She let go of her mother and started to help pack her bag.

In a few minutes, her back was full and she walked outside, holding her mother's hand and was met by the leader of the shadow clan, along with a man. He was tall, with dark blue hair with a green and black circlet on his head, kind blue eyes, and a star with an S in it on his shirt. He had a lot of slugs, all of them cheerful, and one orange slug on his shoulder. He knelt down, looking the little girl in the eyes. He said something to her, but she didn't understand all of it. The leader put a hand on his shoulder and spoke to the man.

"She does not know your language yet. She only knows the shadow clan language. We want you to teach her the ways of your people, human and Shane, in hopes that she can one day help you with keeping the peace in Slugterra." The man nodded and spoke once again, this time to the girl's mother. The woman nodded and bent down to speak to the girl.

"This man's name in Will Shane and he will take care of you from now on. He is a very kind and brave man, so be respectful to him. I will come to visit you from time to time, but he is your father now. Goodbye, my dear." The little girl gave her mother one last hug and followed Will Shane to his mecha beast, a white wolf mecha beast with the same star logo on the side. The girl was lifted onto the mecha beast, and the man climbed on after her, making sure she was secure and would not fall off while they were going to the hideout. The little girl gave one last wave to her mother before she rode off into the distance, the white wolf engine slowly becoming fainter until it finally was silent in the cavern again.

"I will miss you my dear Eden."

---

Hey, this is the first chapter of my new Slugterra book. I want to try and update as much as possible but I have a few more books running so sorry if updates are slow. I also do have school and sports and music so cramming in writing will be difficult. Don't forget to vote, comment, and maybe check out some of my other books if you're interested. Until next time, Goodbye.