6

fall break. finally.

it was the last 5 minutes of school and jaeden stared at the clock impatiently while tapping his fingers on his desk. just 5 more minutes until him and all of his friends could get out of the hell hole for a week. no debates to worry about. no homework. no wyatt. no getting up at 6AM.

the bell rung while jaeden was caught up in his thoughts and people started immediately flooding out. he was one of the last people out of the classroom, hoping he could see sophia before she left.

"jae!"

well, looks like he got lucky then.
he swiftly turned around and gave a salute to his best friend, "have any plans over break?"

"i don't think so. i might hang out with chosen and jeremy, you can tag along if you want."

"wait a second, come again? did you say jeremy, as in ray taylor? soph he's friends with wyatt!!"

"jae! let loose! not every single of the students that go there are devils, give some a chance. Jeremy is really nice, and maybe you'll learn a thing or two about finn or maybe even wyatt if you stop hating them for two seconds!" she chuckled and gave him a pat on the back.

"i'll pass, but thanks. i'll see you soon, right?"

"of course jae jae. see you soon!"
sophia pulled him into a tight embrace then let go, walking out the front doors.

he sighed as he watched her go. maybe he should listen to what she was suggestin-

*buzz*

he groaned and pulled his phone out of his back pocket, why would anyone be texting him right now? it's not like he had many friends anyways.

From ; Unknown

"Hey, it's Finn. Finn Wolfhard. I know we aren't the best of friends but I'm having a party on Saturday. It'd be awesome if you could come man."

"What the actual hell?" he mumbled and hesitated before typing back.

J: "oh uh, i might. how did you get my number anyways?"

F : "I have mutuals ;)"

He sat there for a moment until realization hit him.
"god damnit sophia, whats gotten into you?"  he shoved his phone back in his pocket and walked out of school, seeming to be one of the only few people still left in the hallway. 

later that day, he sat in his room on his phone, contemplating the party. it was on saturday finn had said, and saturday was tomorrow. 

"i think im goin- hell no. bad idea. but would it be fun?-" he was cut off by his bedroom door opening with his mom standing there. 

"you okay? i heard you talking to someone." 

"oh, no, dont worry mom im fine, just talking to myself." 

she nodded and leaned on the door, "hey uh, do you think you'd be okay if i went on a business trip for your fall break? it's really important but you're old enough to handle things on your own, cant you?" 

"don't worry mom," he leaned back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling, "i'll be fine." 

"Okay, good. i left you a $200 on the kitchen counter. there's food in the fridge and oh remember no parties and-" 

he chuckled, "mom! don't worry about it, i'll be fine." 

she smiled at him and started to close his door back, "okay, i have to leave in a couple of hours anyways." 

as she walked out he took out his phone and started to call sophia.

after a few rings she picked up and sounded rather excited, "jaeden! hey! whats up?"

"uh, soph, well first of all i know you definitely told finn my information. thanks by the way, totally enjoyed that." she could tell was rolling his eyes even from on the phone, "but i think i might go to the party. i have nothing better to do and my mom will be gone for the weekend so i can pretty much go wherever i want." 

"YES!" 

jaeden flinched and pulled the phone away from his ear, "soph its not that important." 

 "Yeah i know but- what? yes- he's coming. i just told you that." muffled voices came from the other line other than sophia's. 

he rolled over and stared at the window with furrowed brows, "sophia, who is that?"

"it's uh, well it's jeremy. anyways, got to go! see you on saturday jae jae!" 

before he could even respond back she dropped the call. now he had no choice but to go.