1

"So, do you like the snow? Maybe the winter?"

"I mean, the cold air is nice. And then you get to sleep covered in blankets. And then there's this chocolate drink that my mom makes for me sometimes."

"Hmm..hot chocolate?"

"Yeah. That's what she calls it."

"How have you been feeling?"

"Same as usual. A bit more happy."

She started playing with the rubber band on her wrist. The doctor wrote something down. "It's starting to progress. That's great to hear." She looked at the clock as it rang. "Sadly, our time is up. I'm afraid you have to get going." "Oh. Well, okay. I was feeling comfortable this time around." The girl said as she stood up and started putting on her coat. "Hopefully you'll be here next week?" The girl nodded as she walked out the door. She saw her uncle's car waiting. She opened the door and closed it. "How was your appointment?" Her uncle said as he started the car. "Better than usual." The car started and they drove to her relatives' house. She kept on playing with the rubber band that lay on her wrist. She still wondered why she wore it. She wasn't hiding anything. Ever since she started seeing her therapist, she had been clean. And that was 4 months ago. She stepped out of the car as her uncle was fumbling with the keys to open the door. He managed to just open it but while he walked in, he ended up getting shot in his beer belly with a Nerf dart. "Haha! Now you're dead!" Jordan's 5 year old cousin, Derek, said as he kept on shooting Jerry, her uncle. "Oh no! I've been shot! Jordan, avenge me!" He slowly fell to the ground and stuck his tongue out, playing dead. Derek shot Jordan's shoulder and Jordan giggled. Right now was one of the happiest moments she has gone through in months. The fact that she doesn't have to be scared or anxious relieves her. She slowly slid towards the table near the entrance, and ended up grabbing the Nerf gun behind her and shot Derek. "Ahh! I've been bamboozled!" Derek fell on the floor and pretended to be dead. "Ha! I am the victorious one!" Jordan said as she blew the top of the gun and put it back on the table. She walked up to her room and shut the door. In her room stood her bass and her ukulele. She was used to getting her backpack and pulling out homework. But it was June 15, and she wasn't used to this new algorithm. She just plopped onto her bed and stared at the ceiling, getting lost in her thoughts. Her peace lasted about 5 minutes until someone knocked on the door. "Hey Jord," Monroe walked in. "Hi Auntie. And it's Jordan." Monroe sat down next to Jordan. "Oh, I'm sorry. Kennedy called earlier today. She asked if she could maybe see you again tomorrow and see if you can stay later." Jordan blushed. "Umm..okay." Monroe kissed Jordan on the cheek and stood up. "Oh, and today we're having leftovers for dinner." She closed the door. Jordan began to loose herself in her thoughts, but this time with no interruptions or bad things coming to mind.