Chapter 5: Performing

Revised: 2/3/18

Words: 1718

~Louis's POV~

"If only you'll just let me explain!" Becky shouted at me.

"Fine! Explain!" I shout back at her.

"I came to tell you that I was sorry about walking out in the middle of our conversation earlier," she said, surprisingly without yelling.

"Wow, Beck, I thought it was because I thought you actually liked that Liam guy."

"It's nothing. We just keep runnin in to each other, coincidently," she explained.

I felt completely stupid. I should have known! How could I have been that stupid?

"You said that this is about walking out on our conversation," I say, bringing us back to the topic.

"Oh, yeah, well I thought I was more important that our conversation," Becky told me.

I looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I had another attack. As soon as it happened, I tried to hurry fast, cause my inhaler was in my room, and not on me," Becky explained.

I felt even more dumb and stupid. "I'm sorry, Becky. That whole thing was my fault. Come here."

I pulled Becky into a big hug and kissed her forehead. "You should have just told me in the first place."

"I tried, but it didn't work out."

I knew she was referencing to the argument. I wanted to push that memory in the back of my brain and lock it up forever.

"Can we go downstairs and do something fun with everybody?" I asked.

"Yeah, come on," Becky answered.

We both went downstairs and found management.

"We've been waiting," they tell us angrily.

"Sorry, we've had a little bit of a sibling dilemma," I quickly explain.

"Sit down, now," they said.

"Fine, fine," Becky said, putting her hands in the air and taking a seat by someone with black hair. I sat next to her.

"Now that everybody is here," management started. "We can explain what's going to happen. For the first few weeks, you will be going solo, but after that, we will change things a little bit."

Me and Becky looked at each other.

"Be prepared for anything," they finished. They left the house, and me and Becky started to get everyone's attention.

"Hey, guys!" We call. We must be pretty good, because everybody looked at us. "Who wants to play a game to get to know each other better?" I ask.

They all cheered.

"So, we're taking that as a yes," Becky said.

"Any ideas?" I ask.

"How 'bout the 'Name Game'?" The same curly haired boy from before said.

"Sure, why not? Names are a start," I say.

"How do you play that?" The black haired boy said.

"Everyone picks a spot on the floor, and we take turns saying someone's name, and if that person doesn't say a different name in time, they have to go to the end and be in last chair. The first chair starts us off, and whoever is there by the end of the game is the winner," I explain.