22. Gilliweed.

I was in the bathroom now. I don't have a class at the moment so I figured why not now. I took off my clothes and caught myself in the mirror. I saw a bruise where Amy kicked me. Bloody hell. It looks bad. I sighed and got into my bubbly water. I took the egg off the side of the tub and I put it in the water. So what now? Open it? I did and the horrible screams echoed. I quickly shut it and sighed.

Suddenly I saw Moaning Myrtle next to me. "Bloody Christ." I gasped and pulled bubbles closer to me. "I'd try putting it in the water if I were you." She suggested. "What?" I asked confused by the suggestion. The ghostly figure of little Myrtle flies around as she giggles.

"I was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear I saw a bit of polyjuice potion. Harry's not being a bad boy again is he?"
She asked. "Polyjuice potion? Nope. No need for that. Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" I directed the conversation back to the egg. Myrtle nodded her head. "Well. That's what he did. The other boy, the handsome one. Cedric." She said as she began flying again.

I took the egg and went under the water with it.  I opened it and heard some distant noise that didn't make my ears bleed. It's singing? It was beautiful. "Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." It sang.

I brought my head up and closed the egg as I gasped in air. I knew what the challenge was. I've read of the Merpeople in the black lake. Now how will I make it an hour underwater looking for what they took? "Did you figure it out?" Myrtle asked now sitting next to me.

I nodded. "Thanks Myrtle." I said getting out and grabbing a towel. "Do me a favor will you?" She asked. I nodded. "What do you need?" I asked fine with doing her a favor. "Let Harry come in the bath with me." She giggles out. I smiled. "Sure thing. Have fun Myrtle." I said slipping my clothes on.

💀💀💀

Hermione, Harry, and I were all in the library now. "Okay, tell me again." Hermione said. I was flipping through books but don't see anything that could help us. "Come seek us where our voices sound." Harry started. "The black lake." I mumbled as I closed the book and moved to the next.

"That's obvious. What else?" Hermione asked. "An hour long you'll have to look." Harry said rubbing his head. "Again obvious, though I must admit potentially problematic." Hermione said not able to think of a solution. "Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Hermione?" Harry asked obviously stressed.

"This is hopeless!" I whisper shouted and slammed another useless book. "Look both of you, we can do this. The three of us can figure it out." Hermione said hopeful. I noticed a Mad-Eye Moody in the doorway. "Professor?" I asked making the others aware he was here. "Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." He said. We all stood. "Not you two just Granger." He said stopping Harry and I.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione said but Mad-Eye cut her off. "Exactly. Presumably both of you are well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep." He said to us now. "Go. Now. Longbottom!" He shouted. Neville appears from behind a bookcase. How long has he been there?

"Why don't you help Miss Riddle and Potter put their books back." Mad-Eye suggested. Neville nodded and we began cleaning up. After a moment of silence Neville stopped and looked at us. "You know, if you're interested in plants you'd be better with Gorshok's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal whose growing gravity resistant trees?" He asked. He must have seen my plants book. I didn't find any plant giving us the ability to hold our breath for an hour.

"Neville. No offense, but I really don't care about plants." Harry said annoyed. "Now if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour then great." I added making Harry's snap seem less rude. Neville thought for a moment. "Wait is there?" Harry asked seeing what I saw. "I don't know about a turnip but you can always use gilliweed." He said sure of it. Harry and I looked at each other with hope in our eyes.

Maybe we can do this.