Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

(6) "I actually hate you."

"You are unbelievable!"

I don't get a response from the brooding bad boy next to me so I huff and fall back into the seat, not bothering to waste my breath for a minute longer.

The last thing I'd ever expected to happen on a girls night out with Spencer was to end up kidnapped by the schools quarterback. I'm yet to determine what his motives are but I'm relatively calm considering he could flip a switch and put his crazy hat on at any moment. Maybe his whole angle had been to get me alone so he could murder me and throw me into the Archwood Lake where I'll never be found again.

That might be a little dramatic.

I think of Spencer and decide that I should probably check in on her. Tim isn't a complete stranger but neither of us have seen him in a few years so I slip my phone out of my bra and start typing out a text, asking that she's still alive and well. Drayton doesn't snatch the phone away or demand to know who I'm texting so I take that as a good sign. I could be sending an SOS.

I should probably do that.

We eventually pull into a gated driveway which requires Drayton to swipe a card over the speaker box standing outside the car window before the gates open. The house or mansion is incredible. On either side of the driveway are large spaces of lawn which are cut so perfectly that I wouldn't even want to walk on it. The driveway winds around and stops in front of the huge house and a little further to the right is a four-car garage connected to the side of the house.
It's a modern build with a sharp aesthetic, a flat roof which extends a little further at the front doorstep, allowing shelter. The dark grey colour gives it a sleek feel and large windows run floor to ceiling next to the deep rich wooden door.

"Sheesh, I knew you guys were well off, but this is something else." I marvel at the house as Drayton and I get out of the car, momentarily distracting me from the current hostage situation. Even if I do want to go home, to my very small home, the burning curiosity to see what it's like inside a house this beautiful, is strong.

"You do know who my Dad is right?" Drayton asks, lighting a cigarette up as he leans on the back of the Jeep. The urge to smack it out of his mouth gets my hand twitching, but I resist because this is his property and he can do as he pleases.

"Um..." I draw a blank as I search the small file inside my head which holds things I know about Drayton Lahey. "Nope. Should I?"

He rolls his eyes with a little smile on his lips. "Did you miss that entire conversation that I had with your brother the other night?"

"I guess I did," I shrug my shoulders. I'd missed a lot of what they said because mentally excusing myself from that entire experience had been the only thing on the forefront of my mind. "Are you going to tell me who your Dad is or not?"

"He was the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys years ago," he explains, exhaling a cloud of smoke into the still night air.

"Wait really?!" I'm a little shocked but not entirely surprised considering the house and Drayton's natural athletic abilities. "How'd you end up in Archwood?! And how did I not know about this?"

"I don't really go around announcing it with a megaphone. Pressure is already high enough. And my Dad grew up here. He wanted to come back and do the family thing after he retired."

He looks down at the ground as he speaks, his brows lightly drawn together as if there's something else on his mind. He quickly stubs the cigarette out on the ground and throws it into a little hedge that separates the lawn and the concrete. Gross. "Come on."

I don't follow him as he moves towards the front door, returning to my previously annoyed state over the current kidnapping situation. He turns around and fixes me with a frustrated glare. It's dangerous and a little intimidating but damn, he looks good when he does it. "Dallas, come on."