Part One: The Black Eyes

"Come on Lex." Castella called to her friend. Her reddish pink hair fell down her face, brushing past her golden circular glasses, her hazy green eyes glowing. The freshman girl had a strong British accent since she was born there.

"Oh un minuto Cast!" Grunted Lexia who was texting her mom about the carnival and that Castella and Audrey were bringing her home. Lexia, in contrast to the bright Castella, had caramel skin with brown and pale brown hair in slight waves with gentle brown eyes.

"Audrey will be pissed when we're not there in five minutes mate. This rubbish is important to her!" Castella said, leaning against her Latina friend's navy blue Jeep. The bright headed Brit examined her bright blue nails.

"Audrey also has Evan, Kameron, and Carston." Replied Lexia, pressing send on her phone before sticking it in her black lace bra, similar to how Castella's was placed. "Come on."

The pair then walked out of the parking lot, Castella cracking jokes that Lexia, the new transfer student, barely understood. The girl just thought they were British jokes that American's didn't get either.

A girl with red hair and hard brown eyes was waving the two over, and Castella groaned. "Lex, she has that look in her eyes! She's bout to talk in that bloody country tone!"

"Y estoy a punto de matarte*." Lexia snapped, Castella tilting her head and pausing in the grass. "Don't worry about it hun." She then said with a sugar coat hard on the words.

"I said 5:55! Not 6:05! What are y'all thinking? That I'm joking? Cause I ain't!" The Florida brought girl Audrey had a flare in her words, one that could cut through steele.

Beside her was a mixed boy with a baseball cap on and two boys, one drastically taller than the other but all boys had brown hair. The mixed boy though, had clover green eyes, the taller one had brown eyes, and the shortest had amber eyes.

"Hey guys!" Beamed the smallest, taking a bite from his hamburger. Both Castella and Lexia looked at it. "Audrey's pissed beyond belief my lord."

"Thanks Evan for the marvelous give away." Castella rolled her eyes and leaned against a booth. "Why does it matter so much anyway. We still got what? An hour and thirty minutes or so? Rubbish I say."

"You think everything is rubbish Castella!" Audrey hissed and Kameron, the mixed boy, nodded. Castella shook her head. "Carston. Can I have five dollars please?"

"Sure." Carston gave the angry red head a five dollar bill and Audrey stormed off. Lexia gave a puzzled look. "Off to buy some food." Carston told Lexia who nodded.

"Or snog that Victor boy of hers. He's a bloke, why would Audrey date him?" Castella snorted, and she snatched Evan's drink out of his hands and put her mouth to the straw. Drinking the Rootbeer, she saw everyone's weird looks.

"Didn't know Brits snort." Kameron snickered. Castella narrowed her eyes and shoved the paper cup into Evan's chest.

"Do mixed boys run to their mummy?" She spat and Carston snickered. Lexia rolled her eyes.

The Latina didn't fit in with this group. She knew she didn't. Lexia was the new kid that everyone had trouble getting used to. Really only Castella treated her as though she was someone Castella knew her whole life.

"I have to use the restrooms." Lexia excused herself, Audrey returning. The red head watched Lexia disperse into the crowd.

"Where's Miss Latina going?" Audrey asked, taking a sip of her new chocolate shake.

"Don't call her that!" Evan said, Audrey's straight face forming into a small smile.

"Does little Salty have a wittle crush?" Carston, Kameron, and Castella all laughed at the tomato red Evan. Audrey looked smug.

Lexia returned, and the group of six then disappeared into the crowd of happy teenagers.
---------
"This line is too bloody long and we have five minutes left!" Castella grunted, Carston nodding in agreement.

"Oh, people are coming to scare us." Kameron said excitedly, smiling like the rest of the boys and Castella. Lexia stayed silent but her eyes shone with fear.

Something was here that didn't belong here. There was something unearthly at the carnival, specifically in the spot of the haunted walk through. But the majority of the group wanted to do it. So Lexia never said what she felt.

Audrey was terrified. She hated horror movies, books, games, haunted houses, and walkthroughs. Everytime she felt something that wasn't fake like everything else. But it was real. Someone in a costume didn't dress up. Though this was her group. They wanted to do this. So did she.

A man with slicked hair and brown eyes walked past them, his face paint on point with it looking as if his face is being torn apart. Audrey hid behind Kameron and Carston.

"It's fake mate. They're in costumes." Castella laughed lightly, Evan nodding in agreement before looking at the time. Castella grazed her pale green eyes over his phone. "7:28. Two more minutes."

The man with "the torn off face" then tapped Audrey's shoulder, the red headed girl shrieking and jumping. Kameron and Carston grabbed her arms and Lexia and Evan stayed back.

Castella glared hard into the brown eyes before the man in costume tried to grab her hand, their eyes never breaking contact. Castella couldn't but she yanked her hand away. The man's eyes were turning into an ebony black, one that was the color of darkness.

Castella looked in horror before Carston shoved the man away, his eyes changing back to brown as if they were the whole time.