We Hang Out With: Joe

Joe.

The school bully.

The ungodly cactus of all pricks.

Joe loomed over Y/N. He glared at her. He understood that she was the new girl and she didn't know of how he had the entire school wrapped around his finger. Still, she was no one to insult him.

"Who do you think you are?" Joe asked, his tone as sharp as the hiss of a venomous snake but as quiet as snowfall. His dark, onyx eyes narrowed at the sight of the girl.

Y/N smiled. She curtsied, but she smiled. "I don't think anything. However, I know that I am Y/N L/N." She stuck her hand out for him to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Joe's minions that surrounded the two muttered and spoke quietly amongst themselves. They were all wondering what Joe was going to do next, did Y/N have a death wish, and who was this girl?

Joe laughed dryly. "Very funny." His face and tone held no evidence to his statement. His clenched fist loosened and shook her own hand. "Look, Miss Y/N, I will tell you about this school and my rules."

Y/N crossed her arms across her chest. "Alright. I'm listening." Her smile faltered but it was still there. Joe's eyes twitched. The corner of his pale lips curled into a smirk.

"Well, Miss Y/N, this is my kingdom. These," he looked around to the cult-like circle of younger students that surrounded them. "Are my subjects. My word is law. What I say goes. Do you understand?" Joe peered over the girl, walking in slow circles around her. She bit back a smile as she watched him.

"Well, Mr...Joe, tell you what- I do what I want. You don't get to tell me what to do, your creepy shadow isn't scaring me, and if your subjects have something to say on the matter, then I'd be glad to settle this now." Y/N turned around and looked at all the kids of assorted ages and grades. They did nothing but murmur and glare at her. They shared a common thought.

'She must be insane.'

"Come with me," Joe said, his voice like a good poison: sharp, deadly, but hardly there. He told his 'subjects' to leave her alone but to follow them. Naturally, they obeyed.

Y/N shrugged and followed the lanky boy. "So, Miss Y/N, I reckon you don't take orders from anyone." He didn't bother facing her, but he glanced at her from his side view.

Y/N shook her head. "I do what I want. I'm not stupid, obviously, so I do my work and what is asked of me for my own benefit but whether it be from... people like you, then no. I have never taken orders from people like you."

Joe raised an ebony eyebrow and fully faced her. "You must be stupid because this, in fact, is for your benefit."

Y/N laughed.

She laughed in his face.

"This is for my benefit? What, being turned into some senseless zombie just to fulfill your every need? We must have different definitions of the word 'benefit'. Now, either we can be friends, or allies, and put this behind us, or I can start a revolution and overthrow your ridiculous rule. What do you say, hm?" A grin played at the girl's lips.

Joe looked at her with as much intensity as he could with those dark eyes of his. He contemplated the girl's offer. Of course, he'd rather die than to call anyone his friend. Friends meant feelings. "Though I highly doubt that you can take my place in this hellhole, an alliance would be better than having some girl pester me."

Y/N smirked as she looked at his gaggle of minions. They were astonished at how quickly and how easily this girl just managed to negotiate her way out of being trampled on by the school bully.

She couldn't be real.

When it seemed she couldn't impress them any further, she decided to strike up a very important conversation.

"What do you know about the feudal system, Joe?" Y/N asked, sitting down on an empty bench. Joe looked at her, curious in his own way. "What are you talking about, L/N?" He furrowed his brows as he tried to predict what would come from her bizarre mind next.

"You know, the feudal system? Kings, knights, serfs, fiefs?" Y/N raised a brow but shook her head. "Forget it. Tell me, how do you run this school?"

Joe smirked. "Every single one of these simpletons is scared of me. Fear is the only way to rule."

Y/N scoffed. "And it's a surefire way to get overthrown one day. Listen: I have plans. We create a hierarchy. Royals at the top, and everyone else at the bottom. We rule this place." She grinned. "It's not that hard. You already have a firm grasp on this place. I just add rules to it."

Joe frowned at her- though it didn't bother her at that point since she deemed him a perpetual frowner. "How do I know you won't turn your back on me when I'm on top?"

The H/C haired girl laughed. "You and I have no common goal. Me bringing you down would give me nothing." She looked out the yard of children playing and talking on the dismal court, oblivious to their new roles. "If you want to get your kick out of bullying these suckers, that's fine but I've no interest in being one of them."

"What do you say?" Y/N smiled at Joe.

One second.

Two seconds.

"I accept." Joe muttered.