Black or White

As the hours pressed on into the day, Bumblebee refused to let his guard drop. Any sound that he was not absolutely sure of made him jump, resulting in his charging his cannons before going to immediately investigate the foreign noise.

            Walking up and down the halls trying to gather various provisions for the day’s work and possible war, Ratchet met the hot guns more than just once, and quickly became frustrated by the young Bot’s paranoia. He was almost tempted to sedate Bee’s circuits if he was not so sure that Raptor would return sooner or later. After the first few run-ins, however, he simply began to announce to Bee which direction he was coming from in the hallway.

            In his own quarters, Optimus was angry and alarmed by his soldier’s sudden and mysterious absence at such a high-alert time. He knew that Mirage was one to prefer avoiding a fight, but he had never expected him to desert them. Now, the Prime was tasked with attempting to gain a connection through the blocked COM and locator links.

            Meanwhile, down the hall, Daniel sat on the berth in the guest room, formerly Raptor’s room; alone, terrified, and silent. She couldn’t go anywhere; the Autobot’s would never let her leave. She couldn’t talk to them; they more than likely would not listen to a little femme that had just tried to run away.

            While another dark thought of how she may never escape singed through her mind, the door opened and Bumbebee walked in. She looked up at him as he closed the door before sitting down at the other end of the berth, as far on the edge as he could get.

            His posture was tight, controlled. He made no sound or movement. As he watched her watch him, he briefly entertained the thought of approaching this issue using his hologram. However, he knew emotions would rule the context if it turned into a human face-to-human face situation; so he stayed in his mech form and thought over how to start this. He started with the first song that seemed to fit and went from there.

            “Hey girl, you know you drive me crazy…”

            “This is not what I intended,
I always swore to you I'd never fall apart.
You always thought that I was stronger,
I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start…”

            A deep authoritarian voice came on the radio, like a president giving a speech:

But the situation has changed, and requires immediate action…”

            Static flared up before another song came on.

            “I'm alive but I'm losing all my drive,

'Cause everything we've been through,

It's everything about you,

Seems to be a lie, a countless twisted lie.”

            White-noise filled the room as Bee paused in thought of what to say next. He hung his head, looking sad and vulnerable.

            “Take my pain away,

Tell me, tell me I was wrong,

Tell me I was wrong.”

            Daniel could see the damage and grief in his optics. She knew that she had completely broken his trust. What’s more, she may have even broken his heart.

            “With the pain you put me through,

And now I know that.