07

Midnight...

Yan Da is still wide awake, sitting on her balcony's railing. Ying Kong Shi is in her bed, unconscious. She sighed, getting up. She then walked towards the bed and sat down beside the sleeping prince.

Lifting her hand, she traced the bite marks she left on his body. One's on his neck. The second one is on his wrist. The last and deepest one is on his thigh.

Yan Da smirked. She feels a bit guilty drinking much more than she needed. However, she also feels satisfied. The younger prince is now hers. Claimed and marked.

But Ying Kong Shi, the pain that I've felt because of you. I won't easily forget it. I won't be satisfied until I gave it all back to you.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Who is it?" Yan Da asked, covering Shi with a blanket.

"It's me."

Ka Suo?

The fire princess then stood up, opening her door a bit." What is it?"

"Can we talk?" Ka Suo asked. Yan Da nodded. "But not in here." She said, going out of her room. The two then went to the bridge.

"So, tell me what's bothering you that you're not asleep yet?" Yan Da asked, sitting on the bridge's barrier while looking directly at Ka Suo.

"I just want to thank you." The Ice prince replied, sitting beside her.

"Mm, are you sure that's what you want to say? I told her everything even if I know that you didn't want her to know."

Ka Suo chuckled," At first, I was angry but then I realized that I wasn't being fair to her. I was scared that she would hate me so I didn't tell her."

Yan Da smiled," Coward. At least now you know that she loves you so much to hate you. She even decided to stay by your side."

Ka Suo looked at her in surprise. "How did you...?"

Yan Da laughed," I accidentally heard your conversation. Sorry. But I'm happy that at least the two of you have come to an understanding."

"Yan Da..."

"Mm?"

"Can I ask you something personal?"

Yan Da paused, meeting Ka Suo's eyes. "What is it?"

"Do you have someone that you're in love with?" He stated, eyes focused on the fire princess. The fire princess quickly avoided his gaze. Ka Suo caught the pain and longing in her eyes though, answering his question.

"You don't have to worry about that person. Unlike you and Li Luo, we have a complicated relationship. Or more like he doesn't return my feelings."

Ka Suo frowned, reaching out. He put his arms around Yan Da, surprising her a bit. Not long though, she returned the hug taking comfort in the older ice prince arms.

Unknown to both, someone is watching them. His heartbreaking from what he's witnessing. Tears are even streaming down his cheeks. The younger ice prince clutched his chest, feeling his heart crumbled into pieces.

An hour later...

Yan Da is now back in her room. Looking at her bed, she saw that Shi was still there deep asleep. Her brows furrowed though when she noticed the tears streaks on his face.

"Ying Kong Shi?" she called out, going near him. The only answer she received was his deep breathing. She bit her lip, feeling quite guilty for some reason. She then got a wash cloth and a basin full of warm water. Gently, she gave him a sponge bath.

Shi whimpered when she touched the places she had bitten. She was quick to comfort him though, giving him kisses here and there. When she's done, she clothed him again.

She then lied beside him, finally going to sleep.

_____________________________________

Hearing her breathing even out, Shi opened his eyes. He's so confuse. He doesn't know what to think. His heart still aches because of what he had seen a while ago. The way she smiled at his brother. The way they interacted. They looked good together. His Ge didn't even hesitate to hug her, telling him that it wasn't the first time that he held her like that.

Shi felt his heart clenched painfully at that thought. Yet at the same time he couldn't deny the happiness that he's feeling right now. When she called out his name in worry. Even her touches were gentle.

He then looked at the sleeping fire princess beside him. Beautiful. His gaze softened, giving into his desires. He then put his arms around Yan Da, pulling her close to him. Protectively covering her body with his.

He's confuse and his heart hurts. However, he didn't want to let her go. He made his decision. Even if she breaks him beyond repair, he would never leave her.