Websites

The internet is a wonderful place for ideas, sharing said ideas, talking with friends that are far away. (worry less parents, i know calling on phones overseas costs a lot of money for phone bills.) So whats the best website to go on and what websites to stay away from? I'll cover that in this chapter.

The first ever website is the ''World wide web'' not much is known if you do deep research you can find details. 

So. Whats the good from the bad? Well i made a list and researched the sites.

DISCLAIMER: 

if i get ANYTHING wrong its my fault. I have done research on the sites ;u;

-----

1: Reddit.

media source: Wikipedia

Reddit  is an American , web content , and website. Reddit's registered community members can submit content such as text posts or direct links. Registered users can then vote submissions up or down that determines their position on the page. Submissions with the most up-votes appear on the front page or the top of a category. Content entries are organized by areas of interest called "subreddits". Subreddit topics include news, science, gaming, movies, music, books, fitness, food, image-sharing, and many others. The site prohibits harassment, and moderation requires substantial resources.

As of 2017, Reddit had 542 million monthly visitors (234 million unique users), ranking #4 most visited website in U.S. and #9 in the world. Across 2015, Reddit saw 82.54 billion pageviews, 73.15 million submissions, 725.85 million comments, and 6.89 billion upvotes from its users.

Reddit was founded by roommates and in 2005. acquired the site in October 2006. Reddit became a direct subsidiary of Condé Nast's parent company, , in September 2011. As of August 2012, Reddit operates as an independent entity, although Advance is still its largest shareholder. Reddit is based in San Francisco, California. In October 2014, Reddit raised $50 million in a funding round led by and including investors , , , , and . Their investment saw the company valued at $500 million at the time. In July 2017, Reddit raised an additional round of $200 million at a $1.8 billion valuation, with Advance Publications remaining the majority stakeholder.
~~~~~

Now that we know about Reddit, why is the site the best?

Reddit, the site where you can post videos, links, text etc...

PROS: Nice people, cute pictures on the front page,  Awesome site design.

CONS: Some weird people, Sometimes awful images. Gore or porn etc, 50/50, Stealing

---

OVERALL:

So, is Reddit bad or good? Well theres more cons than pros which does raise eyebrows. 

FUN FACT: they make 8 million dollars a year.. Anyways yes. i think Reddit is a good site

BROWNIE POINTS:

Reddit: 65/100

2. Youtube

YouTube is an American website headquartered in . The service was created by three former employees—, , and —in February 2005. bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion; YouTube now operates as one of Google's .

YouTube allows users to upload, view, rate, share, add to favorites, report, comment on videos, and . It primarily uses the and formats and to display a wide variety of and videos. Available content includes , clips, , and films, audio recordings, , , and other content such as , short original videos, and . Most of the content on YouTube is uploaded by individuals, but media corporations including , the , , and offer some of their material via YouTube as part of the YouTube partnership program. Unregistered users can only watch videos on the site, while registered users are permitted to upload an unlimited number of videos and add comments to videos. Videos deemed potentially inappropriate are available only to registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old.

YouTube earns advertising revenue from Google , a program which targets ads according to site content and audience. The vast majority of its videos are free to view, but there are exceptions, including subscription-based premium channels, film rentals, as well as , a subscription service offering ad-free access to the website and access to exclusive content made in partnership with existing users. As of February 2017, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, and one billion hours of content are watched on YouTube every day. As of August 2017, the website is ranked as the second-most popular site in the world by , a web traffic analysis company.

~~~~
  Now that we know about Youtube, why is the site the best?  

PROS: Supportive people, Lots of channels to browse, Video navigation is good.

CONS: Mean people, Trendy or fidget spinner videos (;-;)  Gore or porn etc,  Stealing.

OVERALL:

So, is Youtube bad or good? Well theres more cons than pros which does raise eyebrows.

FUN FACT: The first video ever is called ''Me at the zoo'' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw

BROWNIE POINTS:

Youtube: 83/100

~~~~

come back tomorrow for a updated page (.-.)