STORY TIME

Gather round my Puffins, as I tell you a story...

One of my friends, who we'll call Fiona(not her real name), got two budgies(Parakeets) about a year ago. When they got them, they thought that they were both males, so when they found four eggs in the cage, they were really confused. It turns out that they were actually a boy/girl pair, the mother being Lapis, a blue parakeet, and the dad being Lemon, a yellow one.

Three of the eggs hatched, as the fourth one was a dud, and from those eggs came three adorable baby birds. Well, they were super ugly at first, but you get the point.

Once they all grew their feathers in, they looked almost identical to Lemon: yellow and green all over, with some black feathers of course. Fiona said that I could have one of them, if I could convince my parents to let me. My other friend, who we'll call Kayleigh, was going to get the other, while Fiona kept another one of the babies. Fiona and co. named the one that they were keeping Limestone.

I ended up naming mine Vanilla Bean, or Vanilla for short. I basically spent about three hours just around their cage, trying to gain their trust. The babies are too young so we don't know what gender they are yet, so I'll just refer to Vanilla as they/it.

So basically, after three hours just sitting around the cage, I taught Vanilla the "Step Up" trick, where they climb onto your finger, and taught them how to eat full sized bird seed and millet. I was so happy! I knew that I had to get this bird no matter what...

Then, long story short, my parents said that we were never going to get a bird because of my two cats. I was super depressed, blah blah blah.

I will never give up hope, though! I've finally convinced my mom that getting a bird would be okay after a couple visits to the pet store. Now I just have to convince my dad... and that will definitely not be easy.